Jordan B Peterson: Gish Galloping Simpleton, Simpering Surrogate Father Figure

Even after providing you with a link defining that term,

Is his kidney part of his revenue stream? If so I’m sympathetic to his medical condition, less so to the unethical way he’s chosen to address it.

Also, the term is “classical liberalism”, and focuses mainly on economic freedom. Capital-L Libertarians with pretensions to sophistication have hijacked the term to describe their “free” market fundamentalism. I can certainly see Peterson embracing that, even as he enjoys living in a nation-state that’s more of a mixed economy.

It’s obvious you need to do some reading beyond Jordaddy before engaging with serious people. Either that or try a less discriminating BBS.

9 Likes

Wrong- anonymous monomaniac.

Also - repeating yourself about what he’s bought when you have no idea what he’s bought is tedious.

8 Likes

She’s an establishment Democrat in today’s Democratic Party, and therefore a centrist, at best – not a “lefist.”

Sheesh, and we’re supposed to take you seriously, when you can’t even get basic things like this straight?

Got any proof of him willing to shoehorn anything that fits into the agenda?

Yeah, tons of it.

8 Likes

The Democratic party has been pulling to the right of late. I believe that is what she is getting at. There are democrats who are not leftists, ones who are leftists but not liberals, etc. Just because someone is a Democrat, doesn’t mean they act and vote according to some ideological line. This is more how things used to be prior to the 60’s when the two parties both had liberal and conservative wings.

5 Likes

Is his kidney part of his revenue stream? If so I’m sympathetic to his medical condition, less so to the unethical way he’s chosen to address it.

What medical condition? What unethical addressing of this medical condition?

Dude, you clearly didn’t get my point. You want JP to donate 90% of his money so you don’t think he’s doing it for the money? These are the kinds of utterly absurd things leftists say that makes me dread to imagine people take them seriously. Dude, no one has to prove anything to you, even though I’ve already demonstrated his lack of financial schemes here. Once again, I ask people like @KathyPartdeux to provide a hint of evidence for why they think JP is doing it for the money, and they come out blank.

It’s obvious you need to do some reading beyond Jordaddy before engaging with serious people. Either that or try a less discriminating BBS.

Right now I’m also reading Adrian Goldsworthy’s academic monograph How Rome Fell: Death of a Superpower but I’m guessing that’s not what you’re talking about.

@milliefink

She’s an establishment Democrat in today’s Democratic Party, and therefore a centrist, at best – not a “lefist.”

Sheesh, and we’re supposed to take you seriously, when you can’t even get basic things like this straight?

Dude, ELIZABETH WARREN is a centrist? Lol. Talk about getting basic things straight.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/politics/elizabeth-warren-netroots-nation/index.html

https://www.dailywire.com/news/19704/warren-democrats-not-left-wing-enough-robert-kraychik

Yeah, tons of it.

Then show me it. Otherwise the only thing I can do is assume it doesn’t exist. :slight_smile:

It’s just been a mass of logical fallacies, delivered truths and just-so stories, gloating unilateral declarations of victory, Gish Galloping, and category and definitional errors. It may not play here, but in his defense, he’s doing a passable job of imitating Jordaddy himself.

13 Likes

and a whole bunch of TL;DR

8 Likes

Sorry, it’s a gish gallop to address all your points? Perhaps you’re just not happy about the fact that your claims about JP’s financial interests … didn’t work … and you’ve still been unable to point out any fallacy. I’ll remind everyone that what gracchus considers JP’s superficial lecture style, Harvard University considers worthy of the Levenson Teaching Prize. Just a reminder. Perhaps gracchus is willing to amaze us his own extraordinary lecture style?

Your sloppy usage of “leftist” isn’t mine.

Here, have a return volley of luscious links!

https://www.counterpunch.org/2016/03/04/elizabeth-warren-has-betrayed-the-cause/

https://www.counterpunch.org/2016/12/06/elizabeth-warrens-shameful-exploitation-of-standing-rock-victory/

https://www.counterpunch.org/2014/09/01/elizabeth-warren-and-israel/

7 Likes

It was a joke that went over your head. You were comparing the financial proceeds from his new career as a public intellectual who panders to the alt-right to his kidney. To be clear (since you need it) I doubt part of his compensation, academic or non-academic, includes any major bodily organ.

Again your reading comprehension fails you.

A Gish Gallop describes a specific and fallacious rhetorical strategy. I suppose that’s another link that you didn’t bother to review.

Nice touch throwing in yet another appeal to authority.

True. I’m talking about the texts one would read in first- or second-year post-secondary political science, history and economics courses – the kind of works that provide a foundation for considering more specific and focused works. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be making so many errors that demonstrate you don’t really know what you’re talking about.

By the way, I’m no longer debating you so much as laughing at you. And I’m not alone in that.

9 Likes

No thanks, I’ve seen how willful you are about denying the existence of any chinks in the armor of your great god, Jordaddy. You assume it doesn’t exist even when it’s served on a steaming on plate right under your nose.

I see no reason to provide evidence to someone so clearly bent on ignoring it.

8 Likes

Your sloppy usage of “leftist” isn’t mine.

Here, have a return volley of luscious links!

These links show Warren isn’t a full fledged leftist, but it doesn’t show she isn’t a near total leftist anyways. Here are Warren’s sins: supporting Clinton over Sanders, the pipeline, and wanting to help America’s ally Israel, the only real democracy in the Middle East, the only country in the Middle East that has womens and gays rights, etc. I remain convinced she’s a leftist considering the evidence I’ve pointed to before.

@gracchus – sorry dude, you’re getting amazingly tiring.

It was a joke that went over your head. You were comparing the financial proceeds from his new career as a public intellectual who panders to the alt-right to his kidney.

I’ve already quoted alt-right.com accusing JP of being a Jewish stooge with hyper pro Jewish views. This kind of utter nonsense is really getting annoying. No wonder JP’s critics are getting crushed. You then repeat the nonsense about me using the gish gallop, and actually say this:

Nice touch throwing in yet another appeal to authority.

Dude, I am flat out willing to trust Harvard’s decision to give JP the Levenson Teaching Prize and the University of Toronto’s nomination of JP as one of their three life changing teachers on JP’s lecture style over the views of a leftist who clearly hates JP with an ideological axe to grind.

By the way, I’m no longer debating you so much as laughing at you. And I’m not alone in that.

Sorry, the only one laughing is me. You’ve simply tired me out att his point with your weak ad hominems and baseless accusations. @milliefink has also given up, claiming that his imaginary evidence of JP “shoehorning” is not worth posting here. The motive for this is obvious. Every other accusation we’ve seen has been dominated. Enforced monogamy? Turns out leftists misrepresented this term. Alt-right nazis? Turns out real alt-righters think JP is a “Jewish stooge” and JP has stopped thousands from joining the alt-right. Doing it for the money? Turns out JP gives away almost everything he does for free. Little academic stature? Turns out he has enormous academic stature. Yet again there is no credibility to be found.

Again - Prima facie.

“Mainstream microeconomic theory posits that the ultimate goal of a business is to make money. Stated differently, the reason for a business’s existence is to turn a profit”

Why do you hate capitalism?

9 Likes

Again - Prima facie.

“Mainstream microeconomic theory posits that the ultimate goal of a business is to make money. Stated differently, the reason for a business’s existence is to turn a profit”

JP isn’t a “business”. And of COOOOOOOURSE the purpose of a business is to make money. Congratulations, that must mean JP is making everything up to reel in the cash! Still, no evidence that JP is doing it for the money. Financial interest? Of course, he has a family to feed. Anything more than that? No.

Another term you apparently don’t understand. Keep going.

8 Likes

Of course he’s a business- someone- who I won’t quote- never steal a man’s gig - stated he makes 80k a month from it.

5 Likes

And gracchus yet again has to escape all the arguments to focus on a tiny little word I said of him he doesn’t like. Remember guys, gracchus thinks his judgment about JP’s lecture style surpasses that of Harvard and the University of Toronto. Constant reminders are necessary.

@KathyPartdeux – Patreon isn’t a business.

“Patreon (/ˈpeɪtriɒn/) is a membership platform that provides business tools for creators to run a subscription content service, as well as ways for artists to build relationships and provide exclusive experiences to their subscribers, or “patrons.”[2]”

It helps you run your business

6 Likes

Ugh, yeah, that’s called crowdfunding.