Watch this husky's hilarious reaction when told to come inside

Originally published at: Watch this husky's hilarious reaction when told to come inside | Boing Boing

21 Likes

He shakes his head and says, “Nawow”. I believe this dog does not consent to re-enter the house.

35 Likes

Rather than continue the highly dubious efforts to breed dogs with short legs, no muzzle, and can fit in a purse, let’s breed this husky with Border Collies and select for elocution and political rhetoric (hell, they’d probably do better than we have at that)

33 Likes

20 Likes

It is said that there are no dogs in heaven. When I die, I want to go where they are.

and

We don’t deserve dogs
(which is why this plague of cats… just kidding! =`)

8 Likes

I love huskies, but every video I watch of them reaffirms that that love is best kindled from afar.

21 Likes

The dog was saying,“But it’s finally cold and snowy, ya furless freak!”

21 Likes

“NOoooooo! it’s TOO HOT in there!”

17 Likes

Yeah, the word ‘challenge’ was coined to describe Huskies. They will run until their legs are stumps, they will chase anything that moves, roll in anything dead, chew anything that is solid, and slip out of any enclosure. I cannot count the number of times the dogs would come home daaaays after a jailbreak covered in dead deer carcass and with a muzzle full of porcupine quills that needed to be yanked out. Only to do it again a few days later. They were bred for different times/places, and are only happy in those scenarios.

29 Likes

Very nearly our exact experience with huskies as well.

3 Likes

Question me not, Malachai. I act according to His will!

5 Likes

I had a husky many years ago. Amazing dog but wow what a daily challenge. One of his games he made up was to turn the water spigot on in the backyard (when visiting my mom). We went out for lunch and came back to find him running and sliding through through the massive mud puddle he made by flooding the yard. He was so proud to show what he had accomplished when we got back. Oh Lobo…

20 Likes

That’s a great name for a Husky; cute little bastiches.

12 Likes

I grew up in northern Canada and now live in Australia. When I see people in Australia walking their huskies I … have opinions. I’ve seen the the delight that huskies only get running in snow.

13 Likes

An Alaskan friend had a Siberian Husky crossed with a Chow. It had a coat of ridiculous depth, and it would constantly grumble every time the weather got hotter than minus 20.

6 Likes

As a border collie owner, mixing an intelligent breed with a breed with an attitude will make for some interesting group training sessions

7 Likes

Got him from some kids in a market in Mexico of all places. Getting his paperwork in order to bring him into the US (while speaking minimal Spanish) was a challenge. And then there was some issue at the airport check-in and the airline wasn’t going to let us take him on the flight (in the cargo hold, in a proper crate). When the airline check-in person stepped away for a moment I told my young children that the lady wasn’t going to let us take Lobo home and that we had to let him lose outside the airport and he was probably going to die. It was a harsh tactic but the lady came back to two young children crying and apoplectic. She looked up skyward, sighed, and then silently waved for us to go to the plane and she let Lobo board.

23 Likes

I can imagine. On a hike this weekend, my dogs were starting to drag a little toward the top of a looooong climb, but we hit snow and it was like they had just hopped out of the car. My pups have no husky in them as far as I know, but they’re like kids when it’s snowy. A dog bred for snow, like a husky or malamute, needs to live where it snows; otherwise is just kinda mean.

9 Likes

Wait wait wait, are you saying All Dogs Go to Heaven was a LIE?! I call serious BS!

4 Likes

One of the most amazing experiences of my life was learning to dogsled. And pretty much the most amazing part of that was watching the dogs work. Huskies are endurance machines, with hearts ten times the size of their not-tiny bodies. When you see them in their element, doing what they were bred to do… they are NOT housedogs, and not pets either. They are working dogs, and they love to work. Keep them unemployed long enough, no wonder you get some 'tude. You would from me too.

13 Likes