Watch this husky's hilarious reaction when told to come inside

Back when I had a show at my college radio station, one of the PSAs was a card we were supposed to read promoting “Leader dogs for the blind”.
At the time, not wanting to trivialize the needs of the blind, I always refrained from doing it incorrectly.
But I always had this hankering to come up with a spoof PSA: “Leader dogs for the world”. Calling for the creation of genetically engineered dogs to lead us in times of political and governmental failure.

5 Likes

Staay… staaaay… stay! … good @NickyG

2 Likes

Does it say “indoor dog” on my fur?!

I said, Does. It. Say. Indoor. Dog. On. My. Fur.
???

No. No it does not. That’s cause I’m a frickin husky!

15 Likes

No kidding, mine actually jumped and cleared the pen at Doggy Jail (AKA the pound).

He also had a vicious hatred of skunks, which… repeatedly ended badly. Glad we didn’t have porcupines around, but at least yours only irritated themselves by chasing those, lol.

5 Likes

They got into it with skunks, too. But the quills were waaaaay worse than giving them a bath. They were in their nose, in their muzzle, in their tongue and mouth, and sometimes they’d swallow them, which was super dangerous. We lived in fear of the day that a quill punctured some vital organ. Sitting there for a couple hours with a pair of fence pliers pulling quills out of yelping dogs was absolutely no fun at all, and I’m really surprised they didn’t bite us or get nasty about it.

6 Likes

I have a border collie/boston terrier mix. He was a rescue. I don’t know if someone mixed those breeds on purpose, or if it was an accident, but my God please don’t ever let anyone do this again. I love the little monster, but he’s got issues. He is incredibly intelligent, but clearly has an anxiety disorder. He is the cutest dog I have ever seen, with permanent puppy face (he’s 2.5 now) and a beautiful, short coat with border collie markings. But … he can open every door in the house. Including exterior doors if left unlocked. He is completely unpredictable around new people, and it takes about 6 months of someone coming over regularly for them to no longer be “new”. So we just have to crate him when visitors come over. And then there’s the barking. My God, the barking. Ugh.
I love this little guy more than I have ever loved anyone or anything in my life, though. I just wish I could “fix” him.

11 Likes

That was tongue-in-cheek. Of course that’s no fun at all for anything involved.

My little guy got hit directly in the face from less than a foot away and all the spray was funnelled under an enclosed concrete bench when he was ~6mo’s old. Literally anything small, furry, and patterned black-and-white was his greatest enemy.

The second he saw some black-and-white pet bunnies out in the yard, he jumped through a glass window and tore them apart in seconds flat.

1 Like

What you did there; I see it…

3 Likes

Ouch.

1 Like

I’m surprised he spoke any Spanish at all!

11 Likes

… yeah… umm… we never had another play-date w/that family.

Couldn’t exactly send the guy to therapy, could I?

1 Like

While I agree with the crux of your argument, may I suggest something along the lines of mutt Husky + retriever x Ozzie cattle dog…

I’ve shared part of my life w/ one and they are THE BOMB.

What I’m saying here is that mutts that have husky in them usually bring the best of the breed and blend it with less challenging aspects of others. Expect to run, but not be worn out quickly, they’ll check your pace and work with you.

1 Like

He probably did speak better Spanish than I did. :rofl:

6 Likes

some 25 years ago there was a 3-foot snow in Knoxville and a friend of mine was able to travel at will because he had two full grown huskies that would pull him on skies. Yup, the police called on him for animal cruelty. The cops recognized that the dogs were probably the happiest they’d been in their entire lives and sent them on their way.

5 Likes

My Dad spoke English predominantly in his adult life, but dogs always he spoke to in French. He used to tell me “dogs don’t speak English”. They certainly never did to me

5 Likes

That is awesome. :heart:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.