Watch this very cute 5-year-old boy land Guinness Record for most cartoon characters identified in one minute

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/04/watch-this-very-cute-5-year-old-boy-land-guinness-record-for-most-cartoon-characters-identified-in-one-minute.html

Fuck GWR.

The other day, I showed my kid (8 y/o) a picture of Bugs Bunny (it might have been the FL saw one).

She asked “who’s that”?

And that is the moment I know I have failed as a parent.

2 Likes

Thing is, car logos, bad cartoon characters, what kind of crap are they shoving down this kids throat?
Honestly, I didn’t watch the whole clip. The kid looked and sounded too unhappy to me.
This one leaves me queasy.

1 Like

I demand a recount - he clearly said “Leghorn Foghorn”

I say I say I say etc.

4 Likes

My guess having not watched the clip is this is a neurodiverse child. It’s unlikely the content had to be pushed down his throat, just made available with a caregiver willing to put in the time to teach the names. He’s got a unique talent at quick visual recall. Unfortunately this is probably a talent that will leave him socially lacking and leading to punishment by his peers.

1 Like

I noticed that too. However, I was impressed that he got Shaggy’s surname.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.