Watch: "To each one's own" takes on a whole new meaning when talking to MAGA folk

Originally published at: Watch: "To each one's own" takes on a whole new meaning when talking to MAGA folk | Boing Boing

3 Likes

What? Trump supporters are hypocrites who want to curtail everyone else’s rights?

ds9-quark-holy-shit-shocked-sarcastic

31 Likes

Yeah. At some point this videos, while funny, just get tedious. “Ah, more hypocrisy that we already knew existed!”

24 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know anyone is being convinced by these…

11 Likes

The term “cognitive dissonance” is no longer sufficient, IMO. We’ve moved on past mere dissonance to full-on disruption. Also, the term “cognitive” assumes there’s some brain function going on there. I have my doubts.

15 Likes

Whatever it is for me - but not for thee.

10 Likes

Agreed. However, I have seen a trickling in of language and concepts from progressive media into the mainstream lately a hell of a lot more than I ever remember previously. For instance, since the SCOTUS decision was officially released, I’ve seen a number of outlets taking up the criticism that “trigger law” states have the lowest investments in women’s and children’s health programs. Same with use of the terms “Big Lie” & “insurrection” when discussing Jan 6. They’re still both-sidesing everything, but maybe it signals a slight shift in the accepted narrative. :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Do what I say shall be the whole of the law.

11 Likes

That’s less because it’s “progressive” talking points and more because stuff like that is factual.

I would say that a shifting language doesn’t necessarily mean a shift in practices.

8 Likes

Oh, it’s cognitive, all right. Cognitive dysfunction.

3 Likes

I do find them funny, but I have to admit tripping up these fine thinkers and poking holes in their logic is much akin to dynamiting fish in a barrel. They really are the crowd from The Holy Grail trying to figure out how to determine if a person is a witch.

8 Likes

From the MAGA point of view, there is no hypocrisy. In their blinkered view, other people are wrong and must be controlled so that MAGAts can be free.You can point out the hypocrisy but they don’t understand what you’re talking about because they only see themselves and people like themselves as Americans. They live in fear that people who are actually Americans will take over “their” America.

6 Likes

Freedumb’s just another name for something I left in my other jeans pocket

3 Likes

Mr. Crowley has a sad.

2 Likes

Not really. In The Holy Grail they constructed a chain of several (wrong) ideas to arrive at a conclusion. These two folks couldn’t have linked together two monkeys from a Barrel O’ Monkeys.

2 Likes

Since they refer to us as Progressives, why can’t we call them Regressives?

4 Likes

It’s tedious.

It’s exhausting.

It feels like you’re punching a diamond wall.

But it’s necessary because it erodes, bit by bit.

2 Likes

That’ll be a nope

1 Like

It’s not a new meaning of the phrase:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buchenwald_concentration_camp#/media/File:MK38040_Buchenwald_Lagertor.jpg

1 Like

Yes, the Nazis were first in their cynical misuse of suum cuique, which was a Roman principle of justice.

1 Like