Watch: truck carrying enormous wind turbine blade stuck on tracks with train coming

Originally published at: Watch: truck carrying enormous wind turbine blade stuck on tracks with train coming | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Makes a nice change from the 11’8" bridge.

24 Likes

If it was a steam engine burning coal, I would suspect some malicious intent. But maybe burning diesel is close enough?

8 Likes

Fines and sanctions for all involved, Cannot call this an accident in any way, when you fail to plan. And plan is exactly what is supposed to happen with these moves.

Similar to this travesty (locals were calling for the mover’s head on a pike!)
Edit: Two days later the house was on the move again and smashed into large highway signs - the mover just didn’t a fuck the whole time.

12 Likes

Another angle, plus article here - Train smashes into 18-wheeler carrying wind turbine blade in Luling | KEYE

8 Likes

Yup. PPPPPP.

2 Likes

Same kind of truck driver, though.

5 Likes

The wind farm in Palm Springs, we see the blades being delivered often, it’s a wonder to watch them being built.

4 Likes

Governor of Texas Greg Abbott: "See?!? I TOLD you wind power was untrustworthy!"

8 Likes

I couldn’t quite make out what the guy making the video was saying. Over and over again. :wink:

1 Like

So those vehicles that drive in front of the truck to verify there are no obstructions, what were they doing?

6 Likes

Then this should be good news!

2 Likes

While I appreciate the cameraperson’s dedication to their craft, I think it was dumb to climb out of the truck to get a better camera angle. Imaginary internet points are not widely accepted as payment at hospitals or mortuaries.

5 Likes

Would this be the largest example of shit hitting the fan?

10 Likes

I would have assumed that when you are transporting such an enormous object that you coordinated with the train authority because you might have just such a situation where it took longer to get the blade over the tracks than you anticipated.

I would have assumed wrong.

7 Likes

Here’s a better version of the video: https://www.reddit.com/r/CatastrophicFailure/comments/pei2u7/happened_in_texas_earlier_this_week_not_sure/

(Why do people post screen recordings of someone playing a video, instead of the actual video itself?)

2 Likes

A lot of older CCTV systems use awkward or proprietary video formats and the owners of said systems aren’t necessarily going to allow an export anyway. Shortest route to Intarweb lulz is ur phone.

4 Likes

That looks a lot like the crossing where a truck was shredded a week or two ago.

3 Likes

I don’t think they’ll be using that blade any time soon.

If it were a large pane of glass they would have used a truck at either end to maneuver it over a tricky pathway :grinning: