Watch video of cops illegally raiding a 98-year-old woman's house. She died the next day.

Originally published at: Watch video of cops illegally raiding a 98-year-old woman's house. She died the next day. | Boing Boing

5 Likes

ACAB.

Also, this is a story today from the newspaper that these assholes tried to shut down. That new police chief sure sounds swell. Marion was warned before hiring chief<!----> | Marion County Record | Aug. 22, 2023 ()

22 Likes

I admire her for scolding them consistently and thoroughly. She should never have been in a position to get so stressed. It’s a fantasy to think they’ll be charged for manslaughter for this, but it looks like such a clusterfuck that I can at least hope they won’t be cops anymore by next year.

18 Likes

It’s telling that none of the other cops from KCPD would talk on the record. Thin blue line my ass.

13 Likes

I’m gonna scoot your link over to the ACAB Topic.

7 Likes

This guy (the newspaper reporter-editor-publisher) is doing the Lord’s work, and in a just world he’d have every one of these guys filetted and served up to him on a platter for what they did (and causing his mother’s death), but with qualified immunity the best he’ll get is a settlement where the police department does not have to admit to any wrongdoing, and no one will go to jail or lose their job police powers over this egergious abuse of police power.

Edited to say police powers because folks will almost certainly lose their job over this, but as long as they retain their sworn status, they can just go to another jurisdiction (like the chief just did) to escape any meaningful consequences.

12 Likes

Sickening. After watching that video I called my own elderly mother to chat and let her know that I love her.

16 Likes

You have to be a real piece of shit to get fired from KCPD.

9 Likes

I’m starting to think that being a real piece of shit is the only qualification needed to be a sworn police officer in the US.

6 Likes

Remember when this sort of thing happened in the Soviet Union and we shook our heads and thanked our lucky stars we lived in the free West?
I do.

8 Likes

Hmm, I called mine and she said, “You’re an asshole.”

4 Likes

Deep down we all realize that’s not going to happen. Worst case scenario for them is that they’ll have to become cops in the next sh*t-town over.

6 Likes

If she were a person of color, they would have shot her for talking to them like that. Tragic, but true.

4 Likes

What’d you do at work today?
Oh, we barged into a 98 year old ladies home, destroyed her faith in our nation; caused her to stroke out the next day.

Grows up during the Great Depression; dies during a “Peace” officer house raid.

Shame on all the sick, false, horrible, vile, hateful “Peace” officers involved in any of this.

ACAB.

3 Likes

I’m frankly surprised they killed her indirectly and not with bullets and billy clubs. I guess being a white vulnerable elderly woman counted just enough for them.

4 Likes

That ‘plan’ to keep the public from looking too closely at Marion Kansas’ corrupt mayor and police force is going swimmingly, I see…

6 Likes
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.