Watch: Vsauce explain how farts could literally kill you

Originally published at: Watch: Vsauce explain how farts could literally kill you | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Imma dispute that maximum 1ppm number. I share a living space with someone who may be an outlier.

10 Likes

Mythbusters tackled this one

http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2006/03/franklins_kite_flatulence.html

• You can die from the fumes of your own flatluence: busted
10 Likes

…and yet no word on dog farts…

suspicious GIF

13 Likes

ETA:
Grosse_Fressen-_Das-Michel_tot

6 Likes

Oh dog. We had family friends back in the 80s who would occasionally allow their dog to eat “pepperoni rolls”, which were pastry with pepperoni inside. The by-product was not fit for human exposure.

John Witherspoon Funk GIF

9 Likes

I once had the misfortune to inhale deeply after an eruption by Old Faithful, the Geyser in Yellowstone Park. I got a lungful of something very like Hydrogen Sulphide. It did not “paralyze my nasal passages” or prevent my sense of smell. It did make me regurgitate the contents of my stomach. I boked my guts up, or, if you prefer, I “tossed my cookies”. I do not recommend it.

10 Likes

Well, I guess we finally have an answer to this one:
stanky

5 Likes

No good fart thread is complete without this clip.

12 Likes

My “first peoples” name is Foul Wind in Teepee.

3 Likes

And this guy.

4 Likes

Or this.

4 Likes

It’s the one percent that causes the trouble.

Indeed!

No, but I submit that one can get high off them.

5 Likes

O Captain! Mercaptan!

6 Likes

Edward Cole:
As you get older, Never pass up a bathroom, never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart

Lesson no. 2: Don’t get high on your own supply

2 Likes

My sleep-deprived brain interpreted that headline as “Versace explains how farts could literally kill you,” and I have to tell you…

…I had questions.

8 Likes

Advice from my father: “Never break your wind, son, in case you follow through.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.