Watch: Woman at LAX arrested for running onto the tarmac and wave down a plane

Originally published at: Watch: Woman at LAX arrested for running onto the tarmac and wave down a plane | Boing Boing

8 Likes

This is what I was picturing:

24 Likes

At least she had her mask on?

11 Likes

Did she watch one too many 90s rom-coms?

8 Likes

I was really really rooting for her.

5 Likes

I once missed an airplane by seconds, and I can totally empathize with this impulse. I can’t really say I understand her actions, but the impulse, yeah…

4 Likes

Huh. I guess I’ve been doing it wrong all these years.

4 Likes

I was at LAX a few years ago waiting for a flight and I watched a young lady (presumed to be a foreign traveler) open a clearly marked emergency exit door and just walk out for some reason (breath of fresh air maybe?). The alarm blares and the door locks behind her and she starts banging on the door to be let back in.

Security people run over and prevent her traveling companions from opening the door to let her back in and she’s just looking back at everyone from the outside helplessly banging on the door.

Took what seemed like 15 mins for actual police to arrive and they scrambled around looking for the right codes to open the door again before they could finally take her away for what I assume involved a thorough search and questioning.

Why the exterior doors of LAX are so easy to open is beyond me.

7 Likes

Presumably fire codes are involved.

14 Likes

Not to beat a dead horse… but you answered it yourself :wink:

6 Likes

I get that…

What I meant is why they are so easily opened without some kind of way to prevent accidental access.

Something like this that I see in other airports:

2 Likes

If emergency doors weren’t able to be opened; people would die in an emergency. Non emergency doors have access card requirements and a pin code.

8 Likes

Has she yet claimed to be within her rights because she’s a sovereign citizen?

2 Likes

Might be an unpopular thought but… (ducks under desk).

Fantasizing if this woman were Black and what could happen to prove systemic racism seems a bit ghoulish.

I don’t want to see a White person shot, I don’t want to see a Black person shot. I don’t want to see anyone shot by police. I just find it unsettling, the whole vibe of “If they were Black and dead, this incident could be something bigger and get traction.”

2 Likes

To be fair, the plane was, taxiing.

I’ll see myself out…

7 Likes

To be fair, most airports have not yet had their human fricassee experience and believe 15 seconds is fine.

1 Like

What the hell did she think would happen?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.