Gentleman makes a made dash off a United flight through the emergency exit and down a wing

Originally published at: Gentleman makes a made dash off a United flight through the emergency exit and down a wing | Boing Boing

3 Likes

He “made” a clean getaway…

9 Likes

Having seen the bathroom lines at O’Hare I can understand

24 Likes

Having seen O’Hare I can understand.

15 Likes

What really amazes me is hubris of these folks.

Do they think they are the first person to have this idea, and everybody else who hasn’t done it is a coward? Or that it happens all the time and Big Flight Attendant just suppresses the news.

Second to the hubris is the lack of visualization. Where do they think they are going to go once they are on the tarmac? Just pick a door and hope it’s accessible with a keycard? Wander their way through the (far less signaged) corridors to baggage claim? It’s mind-blowing.

17 Likes

They will NEVER get an exit row seat on any future United flight.

(I wonder if United will ban them? Punching a flight attendant and breaking their teeth? Meh. Using the emergency exit? You’re banned for life!)

11 Likes

Terminal One isn’t too bad. I’ve flown through there a couple times on United.
Otherwise, whenever I’ve had to fly into Chicago or hop through, I prefer Midway, it’s easy.

5 Likes

I was really rooting for him. [snicker]

7 Likes

@Carla_Sinclair headline mad me made.

Gentleman makes a made dash

6 Likes

Not to mention the airline has their name and address. Even if they get away, they won’t get away with it.

10 Likes

Why did he bother making a dash that was already made? N00B.

3 Likes

Need a new stock photo for united airlines. 747 is a bit dated.

Not that asshole again…

18 Likes

Well, hospitals have plenty of capacity, so why restrict passengers from making this personal choice? If you’re anxious and would feel safer using a jetway, no one is stopping you.

He was going to miss his connecting flight!

1 Like

2 Likes

You made me snort my coffee! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Having recently flown on United, I can understand. Maybe he had the same disgusting dinner I got and needed to urgently puke. Anyway, he’ll get better service and comfort in jail than he was getting in a United cabin, so it’s a net win for him.

I believe this is fairly expensive as the door is not just plugged back into place but that the whole operation has to be certified etc which likely pulls the plane out of use for while. Strikes me as reasonable he needs to pay the entire cost plus lost revenue for his stunt whatever his argument is short of utter mental incompetence in which case his guardian or caretaker must answer.

I think mental illness must generally be involved in these cases, because of all the reasons you list. I know it’s against BB community guidelines to speculate on that, but it’s what I presume in cases like this where there are 20 layers of irrationality on top of the action being taken.

1 Like