Watch: woman has taught herself to run and jump like a horse

Oh that our Homo erectus ancestors did not live to witness this atavism (“1.8 million years of backache to free up our fore-limbs by which the world could be conquered … and then this, oy”)

3 Likes

Still impressed.

1 Like
1 Like

Why wear shoes but not gloves?

3 Likes

“Love takes so many wondrous forms”

um… that’s not love.

Not exactly! This video is much longer and shows much more unnerving feats of, err, unnervingness!!
It’s a must watch, really.

2 Likes

Did anyone mention this, yet? She doesn’t SOUND like a horse, does she!

6 Likes

I read that originally she was going to teach herself to run and jump like a donkey, but decided not to make an ass of herself.

I’ll see myself out…

8 Likes

How has she not broken her wrists or burst a spinal disk? The video made me feel quite ill.

2 Likes

Well, I’d rather watch this

…and her freakishly smooth 4 legged trot…

45%20PM

than Prancercising…

1 Like

as opposed to the Finns who bring their own:

1 Like

I can do an impression of a horse too…

It’s uncanny!!

2 Likes

Don’t you mean Australopithecus and 4 million years?

2 Likes

Her “gate” is nothing like a horse. She is just a freak show. Horses are more “left/ right” not “front/ back” (To be clear I grew up in the saddle; literally rode before I could walk).

Well then, you should be familiar with the distinction between a gait and a gate.

9 Likes

9th-doc-eyeroll|nullxnull

5 Likes

Homo erectus has that name because they were assumed to be one of the earliest stages of hominids to be fully erect in posture; standing and not using their forelimbs at all for locomotion. Australopithecus is thought to have been partially, not fully, bipedal. Of course, anthropologists will continue to argue these points- likely forever.

Too bad auto correct doesn’t . But sure. You win.

I hear ya. Just another case of species dysphoria, it honestly just looks stupid to me. Maybe I shouldn’t care.

Edit because auto correct

Maybe you shouldn’t care about someone doing something that they clearly seem to be having a good time with, and let weirdos be weird?

9 Likes