Watch woman torture husband with relentless Alanis Morissette impressions

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/23/watch-woman-torture-husband-wi.html

2 Likes

Vaguely peripherally related… but not really:

5 Likes

Oh, so we are doing riffs on Alanis Morissette’s cover of the Black-Eyed Peas’ My Humps now, are we? See you and raise you, Lexicat:

4 Likes

He should take her to IKEA for revenge

14 Likes

The husband sounds kind of genuinely pissed off when he says “stop”. I don’t know. I guess different people have different relationships, but I’m glad I’m not party to this one.

(although if I was, my proportional response would be the Wesley Willis song “Alanis Morissette”)

15 Likes
12 Likes

Till death do you part.

damon-elena-4x13-damon-and-elena-33560014-245-177

I end up coming across this thing about every six months and I’m always in tears by the end. It’s almost as reliably funny as Dana Carvey as Tom Brokaw pre-taping President Ford’s death announcements.

Shmeesa?

A month of Jar Jar, sense I do.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be half as annoying if her singing weren’t so awful.

1 Like

I agree. Also there’s dicking around, and then there’s being a dick in public.

2 Likes

Meh, it’s their relationship. Not my place to judge. Just saying it hurt my ears, and I like Morisette’s music.

Not judging this woman’s singing though either. I can’t hold a pitch to save my life, and I’m a lifelong amateur musician. But I also can’t stand my own singing. I envy people who can sing on key.

4 Likes

That escalatored quickly

5 Likes

giphy%201

(EDIT: Gawdamn, but wading through everyone’s take on how to edit animated gifs bites. Thank the gods for GIMP)

1 Like

I’m really starting to wonder about other people; surely I can’t be the only person who values a partner that helps ‘soothe my weary soul’ over one that exacerbates my irritations.

Isn’t that what random, everyday people are for?

Daria

Playful in-jokes are one thing; but going out of one’s way to aggravate someone you care about just seems like seeking negative attention.

26 Likes

I am well known for making no stop puns. My spouse groans often and early when I begin to get on a roll.

But this seems a bit beyond that to me.

6 Likes

I’d have called a divorce lawyer after a week. You want to toy with people? Good for you.

2 Likes

Well, in her defense, that sweater he’s wearing on the escalator is a real nightmare.

2 Likes

seeking negative attention? them them them.

A good and witty pun onslaught is good.

A good and witty pun onlsaught back and forth is double plus good.

6 Likes