Watching Jane Goodall watching chimps makes for a splendid time

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/24/watching-jane-goodall-watching.html

“she married wildlife cinematographer Hugo van Lawick, which National Geographic had hired to film her in the early 1960s.”

" a fascinating person I’ve admired since I was a child. It was a thrill to see old Flo and her child Flint, which I’d read about in her 1967 book, My Friends the Wild Chimpanzees."

Whatever happened to “who” and “whom”? Everything these days is “which”.

5 Likes

Science Brunch did a great episode on Jane Goodall last summer. It’s well worth a listen!

The film looks great, but it’s easier to squeeze in listening minutes than screen minutes for me :slight_smile:

I’ve interviewed hundreds of folk in 20 years as a journalist, but meeting Jane Goodall a couple of years ago was one of the few experiences that left me completely star struck. She remains incredible - and still spends most of her time travelling and supporting her Roots & Shoots movement all over the world.

3 Likes

Obligatory…

3 Likes

Outsourcing. I’m not to happy about it myself, but our management consultants insisted.

1 Like

“The staff at the Jane Goodall Institute took offense and sent a letter to Larson and his syndicate describing the cartoon as an “atrocity,” but Goodall herself enjoyed the strip and would even write a preface for a Far Side collection. Larson would later donate all the profits from a t-shirt with the strip on it to the Goodall institute and, as though to balance the cosmic scales, would be attacked by a chimpanzee named Frodo while visiting Goodall’s research facility in Tanzania.”

2 Likes

Well if that’s the case, which am I to quibble?

1 Like

They even questioned the necessity of employing a pantomime horse at all.

Oh but they’d have no hesitation in employing a white cis pantomime horse
no doubt.

A job’s a job - better than being no end of an ass. *rimshot

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.