Watercooler won't dispense until it finishes updating Windows

Welcome to the @internetofshit. Who happens to already be on top of this story…

Or get them one of these:

(from @internetofshit)

5 Likes

So, I wonder if Cory will delete or update the post with the info that it is a hoax?

3 Likes

I am like this before my 2nd Mt Dew…

3 Likes

“I just wanted some water”

That Americans think they need a machine between the faucet and their mouths says far more than the silly Windows thing does.

6 Likes

If you want to get Cory’s attention, you have to summon him with his true name. Turn out all the lights, then stand in front of a mirror, and intone
@doctorow
@doctorow
@doctorow

also, probably not. He updates his posts exceedingly rarely.

4 Likes

What about if I just use inter caps, and write iPhone, and eBook a bunch of times?

2 Likes

Can it play Doom then?

Yes, but you have to use the dispenser buttons as controllers. So, hope you really need a lot of ice and chilled water :smiley:

8 Likes

All I wanted was a Pepsi.

5 Likes

Yea, it say’s “Flint.”

5 Likes

Kind of off-topic, but I noticed that when BB slummed the comments into their own bulitien board – separating the comments from the important content – the site became a lot less interactive.

There are some authors (like Jason W., and to a lesser extent Pesc) that still interact with the readers, but with others (like CD) there is much less slumming going on.

Windows Embedded is pretty cheap for a license.

Not that anyone needs the shitty bells and whistles for their appliances, but of all the things to complain about, cost is pretty low on the list.

1 Like

He has better things to do, honestly.

2 Likes

I think that is more of a co-incidence. Cory has also stopped posting on FB. So he’s changed how he uses social media. Even so, I don’t think that excuses his complete lack of updates or corrections on posts and/or headlines that turn out to be false in whole or in part.

Though I like seeing authors post in comments, I can see how it can be a huge time waster and discouraging.

To me, the fact that it’s possible to display an image on a screen on a water dispenser is the problem, even if it’s not running Windows.

I have a rather high bar to designing in an OS in an embedded computer in an appliance. If it’s likely to cause more trouble than help, leave it out.

4 Likes

Fixed that for you.

6 Likes

That’s my point- the richest country on earth can’t provide potable water to its citizens, yet 100 years ago it could.

7 Likes

I see what you did there.

Unfortunately, your change reverses the meaning of my sentence.

Would be funnier if it was a Pepsi dispenser…

1 Like