Watercooler won't dispense until it finishes updating Windows

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/05/watercooler-wont-dispense-un.html

5 Likes

I hear that can take 30 days

16 Likes

Well… at least it is patching…

After that part, does it have the screen that says:

All your produce are exactly where you left them

14 Likes

All your produce are belong to us!

23 Likes

That’s odd, because when my computer installs an update it does not say “upgrading Windows.” What it does say is “Do not turn off or unplug your computer.”

9 Likes

Drop the pitchforks. This image came from a Reddit thread and it’s simply a background image that was uploaded to the fridge via usb thumbdrive. As in this thing doesn’t run on Windows. Why you need a fridge with a usb port, I don’t know.

34 Likes

If this is the worst thing 2017 has in store for us, I will be happy.

37 Likes

Not to mention Windows is a supremely bad choice for a embedded system like that. $100 more to Bill for just a water cooler? No way.

2 Likes

According to GE, it’s for uploading pictures to your fridge. So, when your kids make digital art, you can still put it on the fridge even if you decide to not connect it to your home network.

7 Likes

There’s also a nonzero chance that the fridge is incompatible with magnets.

15 Likes

I just can’t get magnets to hold my kids tablet up for very long.

9 Likes

Get them a Pixel C, it’ll do that itself.

2 Likes

51 Likes

That would be networked watercoolers. On the other hand, Windows 3.1.1 was actually useful for something.

2 Likes

Windows 10 still bluescreens, right?

It would be sad if we had no more of these to look forward to:

1 Like

Ahhh… the promises of “Windows Everywhere” finally come to fruition. (or is that hydration?)
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/topstories/2008-01-06-822210671_x.htm

or pr0n

3 Likes

or just get a ipad mount for the fridge.

Though apparently, Windows for Submarines is a real thing.

3 Likes

Hmmm, how many gallons does your computer hold? Could be a dispensing issue, have you updated to the SP3 plastic cups?

3 Likes