Windows 11 unveiled

Originally published at: Windows 11 unveiled | Boing Boing

3 Likes

oldcarnewpaint

14 Likes

That’s ridiculous, it’s not even funny.

Also: centred status bar? Seriously? Repeat after me: Windows is not Mac.

16 Likes

As long as I can keep using Open Shell

3 Likes

Wasn’t Windows 10 the last Windows we would ever need?

28 Likes

It not a status bar, it’s the “Taskbar”.

3 Likes

They can rename and spray paint the turd as many times as they want, it’s still a piece of crap. Instead of adding ‘features’ and changing the interfaces for the OS and office software, they should have debugged the previous iterations so they were more stable and had fewer vulnerabilities.
The only reason there’s a new ‘version’ of Windows coming is the Russians now have the source code.

14 Likes

I was thinking “Oh, did Rob put an OSX screenshot here by accident or as a joke?”

8 Likes

If you go back and look at skin sites from around 2000 you’ll find desktop screenshots that look remarkably similar. They are going retro, I guess.

3 Likes

I nose what you did there, @beschizza

4 Likes

Is it still the same “we will track everything you do and we’d love to see you stop us” mess as Win10?

animation film GIF by POKÉMON Detective Pikachu

12 Likes

download-3

10 Likes

Needs a better paint job and a shittier power train.

4 Likes

My first reaction was that the centered, almost program window-like start menu was the return of the Program Manager.

That said, backwards compatibility is a feature for me, not a bug, so as long as that’s maintained… Not that I have much of a choice since I hate Macs and have no time to invest it rewriting all my software for Linux…

6 Likes

Great, looks like I have a few dozen software installation procedures to update in my future with updated screenshots.

4 Likes

Cool! This morning I’m working on moving a DB off of SQL Server, in order to have one less anchor point to Windows.

(SQL collation defaults are rakes in the grass, and I am Sideshow Bob.)

8 Likes

At least they haven’t gone for those horrible flat monochrome icons.

1 Like

Is it still the same “we will track everything you do and we’d love to see you stop us” mess

Of course! This is why I expected the startup sound to be this:

10 Likes

Repeat after me: Stop encroaching on my screen real estate, im not amused!

5 Likes

Negativland reference?

3 Likes