"We have psycograms of all adult US citizens - 220 million people"

Upped my efficiency by an order of magnitude, that. If it ever goes away, I’ll clearly need a third-party app or greasemonkey script to stand in. <a href=DuckDuckGo !Bangs>They take suggestions, too–I’ve submitted two and had both accepted (!cgp and !worldcat).

Modern advertising didn’t beat nation-states to understanding the panopticon but it surely has accepted and promoted it. And it’s used in so many shady, shitty ways already–just consider the flood of shitmail poor people get from lawyers, tax/IRS frauds, medical schemes and the like because their name has been sold or some part of their private financial life was made public (by required public notice or whatever). Big Databases has most assuredly been screwing us/them for a long time, so now that Big Data will continue that trend for the monied and the political, I guess we’ll just try to get strong privacy legislation in place and use good infosec practices to protect our informatiohahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

4 Likes