We regret to inform you that Kristi Noem told another lie in her book

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/14/we-regret-to-inform-you-that-kristi-noem-told-another-lie-in-her-book.html

9 Likes

At this point I wouldn’t be the least bit shocked to learn she invented the whole cruel story just to boost her MAGA-monster cred.

17 Likes

I came to that conclusion later in the post after staring at her new face for a while

15 Likes

Are we absolutely certain that she isn’t George Santos?

34 Likes

I was thinking the same thing!

I think the Santos-Noem ticket has a lot going for it.

Tired of boring, paint-by-the-numbers government? Well, Santos-Noem is for you! On Monday, you might be greeted by Santos in drag, on Tuesday he’ll be three kids in a trenchcoat, and Wednesday he’ll be fine, upstanding citizen Bill Witherstard, all while Noem is out back, “talking to world leaders” (actually just posting memes on Reddit and Digg).

Santos and Noem. Two names you can almost pronounce correctly trust!

13 Likes

She picked the wrong target.
Going blonde in 3-2-1…

7 Likes

Back in the Bush administration, a senior adviser to the administration was quoted as saying that “we create our own reality”.

It seems that Trump, Noem and Santos took the quote too literally and have decided to abandon this reality for ones of their own invention.

8 Likes

Facts are optional for the GOP so, she’s good. And she’ll probably still be t-bag’s, VP.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Her new image is exactly the hardened GOP makeup-caked look that is making headlines and leading the GOP news. It had to be that OR breathy-voiced ultra-Christian babydoll, and she made her choice.

Lies just add extra doublethink to the nuevo-GOP groupthink.

6 Likes

There’s something about her that makes me think she made up the puppy killing story too.

Fingers crossed. The thought alone (and the sociopathic assumption that it would get others to rally around her for alleged puppy murder) would be bad enough without it being real. You’d think if that were the case she’d have said so in her defense after this much blowback, but maybe she’d rather be seen as a dog killer than a liar, not realizing she’s seen as both already.

Also, Noem is scum but the focus on her appearance seems… kinda gross? A woman can’t change her hair style? In 14 years? Seems like a stretch.

3 Likes

Shock Omg GIF by discovery+

6 Likes

Another story from her book, about her father, Ron Arnold, a rancher who died in 1994 after jumping into a grain bin on the family farm.

She remembers watching Ron out in the yard, and seeing him “take a knife to his brand-new pickup, fresh from the dealership.”

“He was cutting the seat belts out,” Noem writes.

“‘What are you doing?’ I asked, wide-eyed.”

“The government is trying to pass a law to say we’re required to wear seat belts,” Noem says her father replied. “No government is going to tell me I have to wear them. So I’m taking them out.”

As Noem tells readers, “the message was clear: the government telling us what to do was not right.”

Acorns don’t fall far from the tree.

13 Likes

Question is - why would Macron make time for her? Is Biden going to meet with mayor of Beau Merle?

Certainly if there’s some international meeting on something… a trade thing most likely, then there’s a group meeting with delegates… but she doesn’t have the pull to get a one-on-one… I just don’t believe it.

She makes it seem like she’s some major player/dealmaker in international circles… gosh golly, little 'ol Kristi from SD on the World stage.

5 Likes

Well…South Dakota has established itself as a tax haven over the past couple of decades. So I could maybe see her meeting with some finance movers and shakers from other countries, but yeah, a meeting with a head of state of a country like France seems unlikely.

1 Like

Staring too long in to the abyss?

In other news, I haven’t killed a dog, nor have I met Emmanuel Macron.

13 Likes

2 Likes

Back in my day, folks were free to go a-flyin’ through a windshield and a-comin’ out the other side a-lookin’ like an all you-can-eat bowl of spaghetti.
AND WE LIKED IT!

6 Likes