We regret to inform you the Adorable Irma Cop is racist

This thread.

hey, here’s something on topic! (oh crap, forgot that site is antisemitic now too!)

Damn, I thought it was a given in this community that all bigotry and discrimination is categorically WRONG. No matter who the victims are; Black, Jewish, Trans, whomever.

None of it is okay.

Furthermore, there are always self hating people in any persecuted group who help perpetuate their own persecution through their counterproductive words and actions.

I’m not sure how the conversation went so far awry.

O_O

8 Likes

And quickly. All I did was go for a run.

5 Likes

I’ve never been too concerned with ‘on topic’. IMO the BBS is like a conversation not a formal debate, thus conversations meander. Of course that is just me and what other people find acceptable and prudent for the level of acceptable tangent varies. Even in your example, if you followed the conversation, I was trying to highlight the absurdity of the over geared police for one lady. But it came across as noise to some, especially if one didn’t follow it from the first post, leaving one to wonder why one is talking about that in the first place? In the real world these sort of things can either grow or get cut off based on the peoples’ tone, body language, and the fact that only one person can speak at a time. On something like the BBS one has none of those cues and can be oblivious that their attempt at helping or interjecting some levity is seen as hurting by some.

I also think most threads are big enough to have a few side conversations within which are related to the topic and happened organically in the conversation. Though some would prefer that sort of thing gets split to its own topic where 9 times out of 10 it will then die and end shortly, but at least it won’t clutter up the main topic.

I think posts that one is most passionate about tends to reduce their tolerance for jokes, tangents, asides, and clutter. I don’t think anyone (or at least most of the more common posters) post any of these things to intentionally down play a topic nor suggest that it isn’t worthy of serious discussion. YMMV

Now if you will excuse me, I gotta take apart my laptop again and see why most of my bottom row stopped working. It’s always something.

6 Likes

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Also something something racist cop.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.