Arizona deputy Eli Max, who pulled over a black driver for an air freshener, placed on administrative leave

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/11/arizona-deputy-eli-max-who-pu.html

8 Likes

Sounds like they are investigating whether or not he followed procedure. Think they have considered the possibility that their deputy is a racist piece of shit regardless of whether or not he followed procedure?

24 Likes

What are the odds the “other agency” Eli Max came from had to fire him for being a corrupt / racist POS?

The police and the vatican seem to have the same mantra - serve & protect your own, and transfer the serial abusers.

23 Likes

Ah yes, good, “training methods”. That’ll solve it! “Here you go Officer Klansman, sit down and watch this DVD. Now you’re not racist!”

Remember citizens, just keep repeating to yourself: it’s just one bad apple. It’s just one bad apple. It’s just one bad apple…

Shit, I’ve posted that line so many times I could make it a macro.

21 Likes

Crime must be so low police have to make reasons to keep themselves around.

3 Likes

He plans on it? Or he will do it? I plan on visiting France. That doesn’t mean it will happen.

20 Likes

…we will look into the training methods to determine if this was a training issue or possibly an officer making up his own methods.

or if he is a huge racist. Just kidding, we won’t look into that

11 Likes

Gee a black man pulled over for DWB is nervous. Imagine that.

39 Likes

Deputy Max Racist.

5 Likes

I only got half way through…
6 years and three departments?
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and just call it: guy can’t hold a job cuz he’s a racist fuckstick.

“you seem nervous”
“gosh officer, you bet I’m nervous sir, you are asking crazy questions and acting quite aggressive and frankly I fear for my life - oh by the way I’m live streaming this right now since this is a public thoroughfare. Would it be OK if I ask you to please take your hand off your service weapon?”

otoh, this IS progress: dude had his cellphone going so the cop didn’t just murder him out of hand
little tiny baby steps

34 Likes

Why doesn’t anyone finish the sentence anymore?

Just one bad apple spoils the barrel.

18 Likes

Being a racist piece of schit IS the procedure!

7 Likes

Deputy Max also accused the driver more than once of being “nervous” and asked to search the car since nervousness was a sign of "deception."

That’s all it takes. White cop. Person of color. Why so nervous?

And cops wonder why they’re hated.

24 Likes

Low, if we don’ t count in the cops.

6 Likes

“Deputy Max came to us from another agency.” I wonder why.

9 Likes

I am very interested in learning more about the training that will correct deputy Max’s propensity to be a racist asshole, and if it comes in a presidential format.

8 Likes

Same goes for selectively quoting fractions of the Second Amendment

10 Likes

You’re all here focusing on the bad behavior of the cop but can we at least get an answer one way or another as to whether the kid had a joint on him? Don’t leave us hanging!

1 Like

Apparently pulling some one ever for an air freshener on the rear view is a ticketable offence but the rest was out of line. I personally find stuff dangling from the mirror super distracting but that’s just me.

2 Likes

The driver handled himself remarkably well. He didn’t consent to a search, good for him. And he came out of the incident unharmed, that’s what I was worried about.

I wonder how Officer Max Racist would have responded if the driver would have taken the advice of the Pot Bros at Law where they say if the cop asks where you’re going, etc, you respond with a ‘I don’t want to discuss my day’. Would the situation have escalated? I’m kinda glad we didn’t have to find out.

7 Likes