Webcomic [nsfw] with incredible 2-bit graphics

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/12/webcomic-nsfw-with-incredibl.html

6 Likes

The link is missing.

Also, I suspect the Russian name may be misspelled, since googling for the exact quote yielded zero results (and googling without quotes pulled up scads of Russian sites that were not the comic).

I’m not sure I 100% understand the plot.

4 Likes

Devil rides comet to Russia and fucks up the slum.

4 Likes

This is the most 80s thing I have ever seen.

4 Likes

This is great:

http://www.unomoralez.com/img.html?cid=2&offset=13

Oh, and this is definitely rad:

8 Likes

Good morning sunshine! That’s some magtabulous shit!

3 Likes

I kept clicking through with the hope that each next panel would reveal that these were indeed the cutscenes to an 80s style side-scrolling fight game.

6 Likes

Gives me a Leisure Suit Larry meets 80s anime (or “Japanimation” as my friends and I called it then) vibe.

4 Likes

1-bit. They’re one bit graphics - or at least, one bit per pixel.

If they were two-bit, there’d be four colors (for instance - white, light grey, dark grey, and black).

10 Likes

Irrespective of the number of bits, it is a stunning piece of work, though.

1 Like

Ooo! I was mistaken! There’s use of greys in the penultimate panel, when it fades out part of the image.

2 Likes

I vaguely recall the Apple Lisa actually had four shades of grey. Or was it the NeXT?

incredible 2-bit graphics

Those are 1-bit graphics.

#DisappointedInBB

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure the Lisa was also 1-bit.

2 Likes

Actually made on a 1-bit mac then hand coloured, 32 years ago now:

An interesting bit of cyberpunkishness that never got its due, I think.
Looking at the two side by side I can see all the things they got right about 1-bit even if it its 2-bit with the greys.

4 Likes

Interesting, but as I understand it a digital comic is a comic published on a digital platform (computer, smartphone, tablet), not a comic made with a computer and printed. Because nowadays every printed comic have some computer treatment (colour, lettering, or even layout).
I even could say that a good digital comic can only be digital and not printed because of its format, use of animation, sound, interactivity, RVB colours, etc. by this standard Uno Moralez make good digital comics :wink:

2 Likes

Remember this?

2 Likes

I had This one and “Iron Man Crash” too. It was so futuristic thirty years ago. I would like to insert a link to the cover art here, but I would not want to take the risk of being sued by Disney

1 Like

Gives me a real Junji Ito vibe.

3 Likes