Weed is even better for old folks' brains than we thought

Yeah - it definitely messes up my memory and cognition, to the point that I don’t smoke nearly as often as I used to (54 yr. old male) because recently I would find myself sometimes losing track of the discussion when having conversations. I would start a story, go down a small tangent, and be unable to remember what I was talking about. I don’t have the same issues with edibles. I’m guessing it’s because the dosage is less, or is more evenly administered, or something.

3 Likes

That thought crossed my mind, as well ^^’.

@James_Mason: Perhaps because the metabolic pathway for ingested THC vs. smoked is a LOT slower, but far more potent? This subject intrigues me (and not just cuz I’m essentially a marijuana chimney xD).

Not to mention that THC causes significant cognitive impairment during use.

Do you mean “five” as in Flow my Tears, the Policeman Said? Maybe one of those guys understands that.

They’re already bumming out on acid.

1 Like

No, we don’t get it either. :slight_smile:

The original pare was published in 2016.
https://www.nature.com/articles/npjamd201612

1 Like

Conflict of interest?

This makes me very nervous about the idea of trying weed. I’m a little inclined to hear voices already.

(Yeah, it would be my first time)

2 Likes

Is there another graphic to explain it like I’m 5 AND not stoned?

Today’s youth:

‘Marijuana? Oh, that’s for old folk!!’

2 Likes

; . . . THC causes cognitive impairment during use.’

Fixed that for you.

1 Like

I was also surprised to see that, when it was referred to as a “new study”.

And I think the study were done on cultured cells. Did not see any animal reference. So take it with a grain of salt. Or ganja. :slight_smile:

Same here. (My older brother was my anti-role model; worked out quite nicely for me.)

Sadly, I lose track of topics and I don’t smoke it. Maybe I need to revisit my old ways to see if lighting up improves my topic tracking!

THC doesn’t always give you a high. A full-spectrum THC tincture is just a bit more effective, painkiller-wise, than a full-spectrum CBD tincture.
Or so I’ve heard…:wink:

1 Like

1 Like

OTOH, if you use too much, you might start to believe that Tesla is a good investment.

2 Likes

we’ve got a surplus here in Oregon that we’d be happy to contribute to the cause.

1 Like