Weiner Dog enjoys riding around in his li'l Weiner-Mobile

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/01/weiner-dog-enjoys-riding-aroun.html

10 Likes

This is what awesome looks like folks.

9 Likes

It would be cooler with rocket engines.

6 Likes

I think the dog is pretty clearly a lot more excited about the idea of getting out of the Weiner-Mobile (but also knows it can’t do it on its own), but it’s still pretty happy.

11 Likes

Of interest to weiner dog lovers; Crusoe and Oakley

4 Likes

Same may go for the people who drove the full size Weiner-Mobile. “God, I hope no-one I know sees me in this thing!”

3 Likes

That one’s a weiner!

2 Likes

I dunno about that - if you’re driving a Weiner-Mobile, you probably aren’t that concerned about what you look like driving a Weiner-Mobile. Some humans are actually excited about it.

1 Like

No reason to think they would not be so, although on the list of possible occupations, I’m willing to guess that most people would not (if they had a choice) choose an occupation that required driving a big metal hollow frankfurter about. But that’s just me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It takes even more confidence to let the world see you driving a compact Weiner-mobile, but they say it’s really more about technique than size anyway.

Some of those things have trouble just getting through the garage door.

1 Like

Confidence… perhaps modified to some extent by… wistfulness?

(I wish there was one good word that could stand in well for “whistling in the dark”.)

This dog feels stupid in the sled.
It’s sad, really.
He doesn’t want to pee in there.

I didn’t mention the hat.

I recollect that they gave away, as a prize, being able to drive the official “Wienermobile” briefly. Apparently the full-time job, of which there are 11 positions, brings in about 2000 applications (and you can only hold the job for a year). The kitsch-appeal is apparently enormous.

Rocket%20Dog%2C%20Destiny%20Calls

3 Likes

It’s Wiener Dog and Wiener-Mobile.

The sausage is named after Vienna, or Wien in German, and the dog breed is nicknamed after the sausage.

2 Likes

Weiner is pronounced viner

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.