Weird AI Dall-E(vic)

Mahatma Gandhi on a skateboard

10 Likes

15 Likes

19 Likes

I don’t know why I thought this would be a good idea…

Um…Not exactly what I had in mind, but I like the results.

8 Likes

11 Likes

Yeah, Musk wishes anyone saw him that way.

5 Likes

9 Likes

One thing that fascinates me about this is that it chooses certain versions of the words that must be more prevalent in search results which may reflect the current public consciousness as reflected online. like queen Elizabeth has been in the public eye her whole life but the images it creates of her look like her in her 90s. It’s not so much creating anything new as much as reflecting back what we sorta expect based on what we kinda already know.

6 Likes

Yep! That’s all that the current state of “artificial intelligence” really does. In a lot of the the results that I have seen, for example anything involving Elon Musk, you can see that 90% of the results are based off of four or five commonly used photographs of him

This also ties into the whole thing with the Google engineer. What AI does today is provide a functional answer, not necessarily a correct one, just something that is definitely an answer to the question that was asked. Sometime ask an AI chatbot what time it is. Frequently it will tell you a time, but not a time that is possible for it to be anywhere in the world.

6 Likes

11 Likes

No rings in the first, but I am really vibing with the second one!!

2 Likes

Yeah the second one is interesting, I like the mix of the those two aesthetics. I like the images in the first, but not what I was hoping for when I entered those terms.

1 Like

Well, no - what you want is is either Sauron or Frodo as a Pak Protector

3 Likes

12 Likes

19 Likes

Do I dare ask what is a Gregg’s steak bake. ?

Imagine a British Hot Pocket.

No. On second thought, don’t.

5 Likes

9 Likes

7 Likes

It can do historical:

It can do strangely dystopian:

It can even do cute:

10 Likes