Weird spat between Burt Reynolds and Nickelodeon game show host on The Tonight Show

[Read the post]

3 Likes

no clip

ETA: found it on the reddit page

8 Likes

Where my clip at?

Dang, that’s quite the intense little tale. I don’t think I even need the clip.

I guess he went on to Things afterwards?

1 Like
Weird spat between Burt Reynolds and Nickelodeon game show host on The Tonight Show
It's like someone made a random headline generator out of awesome.
3 Likes

There’s also the time that Burt Reynolds strangled a puppet.

1 Like

Also, nerd correction: the clip is from Summers’ other show, What Would You Do?, not Double Dare.

5 Likes

Television should’ve quit after this.

5 Likes

A numbah one!

I believe that was Reynolds’ alter ego Turd Ferguson.

8 Likes

I hope reading the book won’t spoil it for me but it looks like Reynolds and Summers were really having fun going after each other.

From your link:

Daniels and his monkey (operated by local performer Lucky Yates)

Holy crap; he strangled Dr. Krieger’s monkey!

4 Likes

And here I thought “strangling a puppet” was just a euphemism…

2 Likes

Even more interesting was “Was that Kenny Kirkland on piano” in the first half a second???

Wow; that was some of the weirdest, most passive aggressive shit I’ve ever seen.

O_o

If it was my first time on The Tonight Show, and Burt Reynolds was in a bad mood, I personally wouldn’t mock his recent divorce. Getting doused with water is getting off easily.

I keep thinking it’s scripted. But then it keeps amping up a notch to make me think its not.

The cream pies at the end? But, perhaps because he’s the Double Dare guy they had had the pies ready for a bit?

Whats crazy is that with all that aggression, neither lost their temper. (If this wasn’t scripted.)

Puh-leeze.

It’s okay to think it’s scripted. I mean, it’s the Double Dare guy! Maybe it wasn’t note-for-note scripted, but the producers most likely said “Okay, Burt, Marc is going to toss you a softball insult, and you’re going to douse him with water…” All leading up to the obviously pre-prepared cream pies.

you know how I know you didn’t read the link?

2 Likes