Welding mishap

I watched that an embarrassing number of times before I realized it was looping.

12 Likes

Here, have a nice hot cup of iocaine tea.

Very relaxing, thank you.

1 Like

Don’t read them, maybe?

6 Likes

And miss the chance to be disappointed in Boing Boing? /s

11 Likes

You don’t need that in the third world. The laws of physics are different there.

The precision of so many moves made me think it was a programmed task. Either that or they filmed smoebody for 6 weeks and took the best run.

2 Likes

Here’s a still from the video:

Does the pole only go down to the ceiling of the ground floor? in which case the welder was relying on the beam to the wall not giving way when the roof hit it?

2 Likes

“He didn’t fall”

Spoilers!

Maybe try muting @frauenfelder for a couple months, see if that doesn’t improve your bb experience. :slight_smile:

it’s sort of a sport now. i find it amusing. but if there were any way to block particular posters, i’d probably use it.

how do i do that? i’m not seeing that option…

Or just skip over his posts… I mean, he is one of the editors here, of course, so you’d still see them, but you don’t have to read them if you don’t want to. You can read posts by other editors only and just ignore his, if you like.

That fills me with delight. And gravel!

2 Likes

Every job is filled with hope. Sometimes it is misplaced though…

1 Like

I think some of the confusion might come from the different formats in which readers experience BB. A lot of us rely on an RSS feed, or subscribe to the main BB Twitter account, or subscribe to it in our mobile app(s) of choice for news aggregation. So instead of perusing the BB homepage, which isn’t as convenient on a tablet or phone, and deciding what to click through to, we catch whatever happens to pop into view when we’re straying from our salt mines discovering mostly wonderful things.

1 Like

Let’s be fair, so are Doctorow’s.

2 Likes

And such small portions, too!

3 Likes
  1. Go to your preferences (Click avatar and click gear thingie)
  2. Scroll to the bottom. The second preference to the end is for the user names of muted users.
    a. Add whatsisname’s name.
  3. Click Save Changes.
1 Like

brilliant! cheers.