We're all bozos on this bus: the enduring legacy of The Firesign Theatre

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/18/were-all-bozos-on-this-bus-the-enduring-legacy-of-the-firesign-theatre.html

12 Likes

Thanks for posting this, uhhh…Clem.

16 Likes

“You can wait here in the sitting room, or sit here in the waiting room.”

13 Likes

It’s just this little chromium switch here.

13 Likes

Thanks. You wouldn’t have any groat clusters I could nibble on, would you?

9 Likes

Later, Spunky. You won’t want to eat in a minute, after you turn your back and get ready for this Stab From The Past!

9 Likes

Picture1

6 Likes

“And then it hit me, like the hot kiss at the end of a wet fist. What a sap she had!” - Nick Danger, Third Eye

7 Likes

All I know is: everything you know is wrong.

11 Likes

When you put on the nose, it grows and grows.

6 Likes

“I was sitting in my office reading the back of my door: regnaD kciN”

“Come in out of the cornstarch and dry your muk luks by the fire.”

7 Likes

When my son told me he was moving to the Antelope Valley it cracked me up, I don’t think he understood why.

4 Likes

“You know this reminds me very little of the time my guru sent me out to clean up the Karma in artful Dodge city. I stumped into the Last Chance saloon - there was a passel of them theosophists at the end of the bar, raisin’ the devil. Had him about ten feet off the floor, and I could tell by the red glare in his hooves and his black aura that he was up to no good. Well, the Devil up and challenged me to a game of three-card tarot, pentacles wild.”

6 Likes

Twenty years ago when sending my sons off to university, I gave them some of my Firesign collection to play on the way to prepare them for reality distortion. They never looked at me the same way again.

Now that I’m not employed and it looks like weed is going to be legal here soon, I think it may be time to bust out the whole collection and binge it while in the – as it were – proper state of mind.

4 Likes

He’s no fun. He fell right over.

Son, son! Don’t eat with your hands! Use Your entrenching tool!

“Not Insane (or anything you want to)” and “Waiting for the electrician, or somebody just like him” were key points in my formative years.

6 Likes

The President of these United States is named “Schicklgruber.”

4 Likes

Time to defoliate another victory garden.

BTW I attained teenage maturity listening to Radio Free Oz on a portable FM radio next to my pillow. Much better than Elliot Mintz’s show.

2 Likes

Boy did we love them back in the day. Half an orange barrel and they could change your worldview and turn your mind upside down. Much of whatever I am today can be blamed on them and the maniacs at national lampoon., Pllus a good dose of mind-altering substances.

2 Likes

Same! It is astonishing how much they are part of the central wiring of my nervous system.

And I have so many memories of being completely baked Alaska and sitting around with a group of friends listening to them. Our faves were Don’t Crush That Dwarf, Everything You Know is Wrong, and TV or Not TV. I knew most of “Everything” by heart and ALL of “TV or Not TV.”

Once, I was in a van load of hippies leaving DC after a protest march. We were snarled in traffic for like an hour leaving the city. I entertained them by reciting the record (TV or Not TV) from start to finish. Good times!

6 Likes

Melanie Haber?

3 Likes