The Further Adventures of Nick Danger, Third Eye

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/21/the-further-adventures-of-nick-danger-third-eye.html

4 Likes

We can’t post here.

3 Likes

That’s apt. Very few comedy albums get funnier when I go back and listen to them again but with Firesign Theater’s I feel like I discover something new every single time. I believe the same is true of Joyce although, aside from parts of Dubliners, I’ve never been too inclined to go back.

5 Likes

My 1971 high school yearbook quote:
This land is made of mountains.
This land is made of mud.
This land has lots of everything, for me and Elmer Fudd.
This land has lots of trousers.
This land has lots of mausers,
and pussycats to eat them when the sun goes down.

5 Likes

My personal favorite, and I have many; is The Giant Rat of Sumatra!
My wife of over fifty years stills gets irritated when I remark “Look at the prow on that steamer!” when another lady enters the room!

4 Likes

Used to listen to them late at night in the 60;s on L.A radio (forget the station).

Massive subversive fun as they skewered everything and you needed a sharp mind to keep up with the sudden twists and direction changes.

They were a lot like Robin Williams at his best (the same frenetic energy) but as a group mind. Throw in a dash of Eddie Izzard’s erudition and you begin to approach them. You had to pay attention or a lot of stuff would wizz might by.

3 Likes

Maybe yes, maybe no.

2 Likes

I’m surprised not a mention of their 16mm film of EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG. It took me decades to find out about it (because nobody ever mentions it!!!)

Entirely done in fabulous Lipsynch, simultaneously play their vinyl record for an echo-y effect.

3 Likes

we lived the Nick Danger album in our teens. even got dear old dad in on the action (he loved the line about how the dime was in Mr Rococo’s pocket). it was part of the family lexicon. awesome stuff.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.