What Burning Man looked like in 1963, as imagined by AI

I found some great AI generated images in the style of Star Trek original series posted at Reddit. [edited ]
The title of the post in the Artificial Inteligence subreddit, as written by the user Nadav_IV was
Star Trek babes, conjured with Midjourney [ART]
I want to make clear that I did not chose that title. It isn’t reflective of my views about the women of Star Trek nor of the character of Mr. Spock.
The conversation with Mindysan33 and Duke Trout led me to edit this first post. If people would like to go to the subreddit to see the other images and ask user Nadav_IV why he/she/they chose that title, here is the link.

[End edit]
Link to Reddit Artificial inteligence (note it’s misspelled!)
Nadav_Igra OP 11 days ago

Nywroc asked
What was the prompt for the uniform? I will start a Star Trek Adventures game in a few months and this would help me flesh out the universe of NPCs.

Nadav_Igra OP Replied

star trek 90s uniform, crewmate, starfleet cadet, star trek leotard- was strongly influenced by the context sometimes tech-wear, car show babes, codplay photos and convention photos, fashion shows and photo shoots, and space opera movies.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Calling women “babes” isn’t very Star Trek…

4 Likes

Agreed. But it’s not my post and I wanted to give the creator credit…

I found the images pleasing to my half/human eye…

If someone used a racial slur, would you also replicate it? Again, doesn’t seem very Star Trek… and I doubt Spock would be into objectifying women. He seems to have far too much respect for them to do that.

2 Likes

No I would not replicate a racial slur.
Is your question really to me? I see that I didn’t answer it clearly enough. I agree that the term ‘babe’ doesn’t seem very Star Trek. I also agree that Spock would not be into objectifying women. I too think that he has too mush respect for them.
Do I need to go further and show MY personal commitment to respect for women and not wanting to objectify them? Have I already failed that test by posting these two images?
Perhaps.
I’m sorry if I didn’t make myself clear in my first response to you.

I’m still confused why the word “babes” even was in your post. Is that the Redditor’s handle? If so, why isn’t it capitalized? And even then it’s kinda scummy, TBH, despite the striking images.

I think that might be why the objection to objectification came up, speaking for myself.

In other words, it’s not like you’re failing to do enough or the right kind of virtue signalling; it’s that the use of “babes” in context comes off as sexist.

1 Like

This was the title of the post. See image.
Yes.I agree, “babe” in context does come off as sexist. The user u/Nadav_Iga used it.

Why propagate it? I mean that, genuinely. It goes back to @Mindysan33’s question, if the subject line of the Reddit post contained a racist slur, would you have included it?

2 Likes

It’s right there in your comment… if that’s not YOUR text, maybe make that clear, or just omit it altogether…

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 Likes

Might be wise not to propagate any demeaning language.

4 Likes

I can dig it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.