What did Trump and Putin talk about in their private G20 chat, previously undisclosed?

That’s way too articulate.

What did Trump and Putin talk about in their private G20 chat, previously undisclosed?

And currently. Nice clickbait.

1 Like

Putin, “The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep. And miles to go before I sleep.”

Trump, “Hail, Hydra.”

2 Likes

I think the real Samuel L Clemens was far too intelligent to fall for such a simplistic narrative. Joe McCarthy is dead, perhaps we should get over it.
Really when it comes to history the foul-up theory tends to hold a lot more water than the conspiracy theory. But here are a few points:

1. Putin would have had extensive KGB training in getting along with people. Only clumsy secret services maintain lots of prison camps where they torture people. It’s so much easier to make friends and influence people. During WW2 the British Secret Service concluded that torture was not a reliable way of getting information; put captured senior German officers in a comfortable country house and bug it, and they would tell you all sorts of stuff. So his ability to get on good terms with Trump is simply a matter of training. Trump hasn’t had that training and doesn’t know how to counter it or use it for his own purposes.
  2. What Syrian opposition? If there is one thing we have learned, either the CIA sucks badly at identifying anyone in the ME who is genuinely in favor of a democratic state, or they prefer to fund one set of bad guys over the other for perverted reasons of their own which they can’t disclose publicly. The cock up theory says that nobody in the CIA really has a clue about anybody who isn’t a WASP.
  3. I rather think that the real subverters of the US electoral system can be found in Scotus (Citizens United), the Murdoch media (and some other media companies), the oil industry, the tobacco industry, the auto industry, Silicon Valley, the Republican Party in general and the Democrat machine. At this point blaming “Russia” is like someone who has just had a leg bitten off by a shark complaining about a mosquito bite.
  4. Somehow I doubt this is really happening, though the fact seems to be that politicians on both sides seem clueless about security, being willing to sacrifice it for convenience.

The Russian stuff seems to be deflection from a cold hard look at the system and people asking “How was it possible that Trump was apparently the least awful Republican candidate? How was it possible that the Democrat machine failed to understand the significance of the swing States and how Sanders could have turned disgruntled blue collar workers into votes in a way that HRC obviously could not?”

2 Likes

Only hours later, US agrees to stop arming Syrian rebels…

3 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.