What did we get stuck in our rectums in 2020?

CsV? 

3 Likes

This is the record we used to have. A more operatic version…

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t mean alphabetically.

I was thinking more along the lines of a WHERE HAVING clause.

1 Like

Heathen?

2 Likes

Curriculas Vitae

3 Likes

Curriculi Vitapodes

8 Likes

Work story. Like in the blue words.

Alas, you are going to need @pbasch to answer this: I was the one that didn’t know about paired plurals. In Scots, you have ‘kow’ (cow) and ‘kyne’ (plural) but I can find no other plural for ‘ox’ but ‘oxen’. ‘Oxes’ would work like ‘boxes’, but if Dr. Seuss does not recognise it (‘Ox in socks’), then who am I to argue?

So… long… ago. I don’t remember discussing oxen. I do remember a long-ago controversy about how to pluralize the VAX minicomputer; VAXen, of course. But seriously: could be that as draft animals, they were referred to as pairs, much like socks and shoes and eyes. Or it could be that they had an irregular plural just because. Basically, I don’t know! Where is Harry McKay Sundwall when you need him…

4 Likes

I remember the VAXen controversy! I was for VAXes. I could have zinged the VAXenites with the argument that VAXen was a pair. But that was thirty years ago, and it went unzung, ehu fugues, etcetera…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.