'What do you think happens when we die, Keanu Reeves?'

It’s also possible that he’s thought a bit about this subject:

" At the age of 23, his closest friend River Phoenix died of a drug overdose. During a Reddit AMA last year, Keanu said: “He was a remarkable human person and actor. We got along very well, and I miss him. I think of him often.”

In 1998, Keanu met Jennifer Syme. The two fell instantly in love and by 1999, Jennifer was pregnant with their daughter. Sadly, after eight months, their child was born stillborn. They were devastated by her death and it eventually ended their relationship. 18 months later, Syme would die in a car accident.

In 2006, Reeves told Parade Magazine,

“Grief changes shape, but it never ends.”

It may even have been scripted, but I suspect that he said what he wanted to say. He’s a big enough star that if they wanted him to read a script that he didn’t support, he really wouldn’t have to.

18 Likes

For extra Woah, he might have added “what was it like before you were conceived? it’s just like that”

2 Likes

He’s a good egg is keanu nu-nu, i’ve always liked him.

3 Likes
2 Likes

obligarto

Yeah, but that sounds less personal. It just sounds to me like other Deeply Wise sayings, like the koan “Show me your Original Face, the face you had before your parents were born.”

He actually managed to sound Deeply Wise in a way I haven’t heard before, by shifting the viewpoint away from himself and towards those left behind.

2 Likes

was just discussing with a friend (before I saw this) about what a decent fellow Mr. Reeves has turned into

life forges us - and he seems to have gone in the correct direction.

We need more nice humans

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.