What does a fan do in a vacuum chamber?

Good catch!

2 Likes

I love these science videos and this guy. He did a good one about making a perfect black body.

I also keep waiting for him to tack on “honey badger don’t care.” :sunglasses: I miss Randal!

This was never a true vacuum as I could hear the faint sound of the tiny balls screaming

1 Like

This always freaks me out (in a good way).
I know what’s happening and I know why it’s happening - but it looks and feels just wrong.

1 Like

I love McMaster-Carr. Having their catalog (and a not-extravagant; but at least extant budget for it) was one of the highlights of the robotics team in high school.

Not only do they have everything; many of the things they have are those impossibly satisfying little objects whose purpose requires that they be solidly crafted out of appropriate materials to relatively fine tolerances. I can’t (honestly) say that I need enough brass fittings to screw together a good sized pneumatic apparatus, or a supply of sapphire ball bearings; but that doesn’t stop them from being immensely pleasing in a world of cost-optimized plastic bits.

2 Likes

An interesting, though unfortunately only simulated, exercise on just how not good it is is here.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.