What happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/07/what-happened-to-blood-sweat-tears.html

5 Likes

It’s rare for a trailer to raise the hairs on the back of my neck, but that one did.

11 Likes

Specifically the State Department offered a residency visa to lead singer David Clayton-Thomas in exchange for the band doing the tour. He was Canadian, and he had a criminal record in Canada, so he was having trouble getting a visa allowing him to work in the US with the band. Sort of a “Nice band you got there. Sure would be a shame if you lost your lead singer” offer they couldn’t refuse.

9 Likes

That was an unexpected sentence…

10 Likes

They were so great. “I Love You More Than You’ll Ever Know” is just a stone-cold masterpiece.

8 Likes

Their rendition of Billie Holiday’s “God Bless The Child” blew my mind as a kid.

8 Likes

I watched this in a theater a while back - in addition to the Romania tour story backbone, there’s a ton of live/backstage footage that is like candy for a BS&T fan. Really enjoyed it!

5 Likes

I borrowed BS&T 4 from my friend’s mom and taped it. She later gave me the physical album. I went on to collect all their albums. Reminds me of my friend’s mom and the music is driving and amazing.

A friend in college studied music with the trumpet player, who taught at a U Maine university.

2 Likes

i caught all three on my last fishing outing. blood, sweat, tears… but no fish!

4 Likes

good enough excuse to post this BS&T mashup

3 Likes

They’d already lost one lead singer. My first, best and only BS&T album featured Al Kooper.

2 Likes

I loved these guys back in the day, and have been wanting to see this doc for over a year. Any idea when it will be released somewhere we can actually see it?

1 Like

Was it murder? Blood, sweat & murder?

(a unique moment of texas music history most will probably prefer to ignore)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.