What happened to "General"?

From the main BBS page, I can’t see “General” in the “all categories” drop-down. For example:

bbs

However, if I’m already in the “meta” category, it does appear.

1 Like

Discourse quirk. General actually is “no category”, so it doesn’t show up in the category dropdown.

The consequences of a decision in 2013 on the setup here, I’m afraid.

4 Likes

Huh, for some reason I just noticed. I might be imagining that the General posts ever showed up on the main page, because I’m not seeing them (“anymore”). Thx

1 Like

It’s totally possible that they used to. But really what we need to do is make “general” a category, not “no category”. Last time I asked TPTB at Discourse about that it was a nontrivial change, sadly.

Sorry for the confusion this causes!

2 Likes

Weirdly enough, it shows up on mobile:

4 Likes

I see it on desktop just fine.

2 Likes

I think you (and MalevolentPixy) are seeing it under the hamburger, though, whereas Gyrofrog is talking about the “all categories” dropdown at the upper left.

On my laptop, I, too, see it under the hamburger. But not under “all categories”.

2 Likes

From the home BBS page, general doesn’t appear in the drop down.

Once you select any of the categories in the drop down, and go to that page, you can then see General in the drop down.

2 Likes

I think I was confused because I was seeing it on a mobile browser, but must’ve been via the hamburger (which, holy smokes, works in any case).

2 Likes

Yay for consistency!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.