What happened to the BBS on June 28, 2013?

Just curious because lots of mutants had a cake day today.

3 Likes

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the BBS.

20 Likes

Probably some software change/migration.

4 Likes

It’s when the mothership landed.

13 Likes

I think that was the BBS’s second day, replacing the older Disqus comment system on June 27.

24 Likes

We, um, don’t really talk about it here…

29 Likes

That was the day when [Redacted] ascended into the heavens. The prophecy foretells that he will return to the BBS on the anniversary of his ascension, bringing a new era of peace and prosperity for all true believers while casting out the infidels who are β€œjust asking questions.”

11 Likes

dude even mentioning cβˆ—βˆ—βˆ— dβˆ—βˆ—βˆ—βˆ—βˆ—βˆ—βˆ— could get us modded now :grimacing:

12 Likes

But the [Redacted] Prophecy of the Prophet [Redacted] calls upon all true [Redacted] to [Redacted] without fear of [Redacted].

17 Likes

β€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œ

13 Likes

β€œThou sayest that βˆ— βˆ—βˆ— βˆ— βˆ—βˆ—βˆ—βˆ—. To this end was I βˆ—βˆ—βˆ—βˆ—, and for this cause βˆ—βˆ—βˆ—βˆ— βˆ— βˆ—βˆ—βˆ—βˆ— βˆ—βˆ—βˆ— βˆ—βˆ—βˆ—βˆ—βˆ—, that I should bear witness unto βˆ—βˆ—βˆ— βˆ—βˆ—βˆ—βˆ—βˆ—.”

6 Likes

6 Likes

Does β– β– β– β– β–  have anything to do with it?

10 Likes

well, it’s just that it’s more efficient to make one big cake and divvy it up than it is to create separate cakes every day and hope it doesn’t all go to waste

( plus, have you tried the cake? i mean, it’s a very nice gesture but… ummm… be thankful it’s only once a year :scream_cat: )

12 Likes

Devin missed the chance to write a blog post about it! β€œOn this day in 2013…”

18 Likes

Moist? :smiling_imp:

14 Likes

Start reading here

11 Likes

Do not take my birthday in vain.

the lord of the rings adventure GIF

18 Likes

As discovered via an archeological dig in archive.org (because Google was of no help):

13 Likes

Does this have something to do with the infamous OBJ?

11 Likes