What happens if you drink a liter of soy sauce (spoiler: nothing good)

You said it.

Roger that; though my own alcohol consumption must wait til I get home from work, alas…

3 Likes

Damn, @ChuckV beat me to it. That’s what I get for replying before reading the whole thread.

1 Like

I always wonder how the incongruous stock photos get chosen for that sort of clickbait trash.

Vaguely specified secret to relief from unspecified toxins? Yeah, par for the course; but why some thickly sliced plantains(maybe bananas, do they fry those?) in oil? Intern? Neural network? Quack doctor actually has a plantainopathic theory of medicine?

1 Like

I’m probably going to get in trouble for posting this too frequently.

1 Like

Indeed, that’s what’s supposed to happen, and her body’s failure to do so is addressed in the video (undiagnosed celiac disease).

Could you further describe said holiday cookies? I wonder, are they made with artificial/non-nutritive sweeteners, or are they maybe just sweetened a bit with, e.g., dried fruits? I’m thinking how—at least AFAIK—in times past sweets weren’t necessarily as sweet as we now know them; fewer refined products or refined sugars in general, I believe.

I’m imagining, as an example, one could make a delicate cookie that’s something like a pie-crust base (non-sweet) and studded with dried fruits or something, and that could be very satisfying indeed.

And I know I’m getting off-topic! I woke up this morning wanting to ask you this question about the cookies, and it took me a few minutes to figure out which topic it was :slight_smile:

(Soy sauce cookies, anyone?…Actually, I once had some cookies brought to me from Japan that were only a little bit sweet and had seaweed on top, so they were salty too, and they were divine. And, one of my best—meaning: most enjoyed by others—cookie recipes is a pecan “sand” cookie that is a little bit sweet and a little bit salty.)

Anyway, what are these cookies from your relatives like?

1 Like

Actually both! One set used stevia, one set used natural sweeteners in moderation. Both were delicious. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

it’s discussed in the video.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.