What happens when you deep fry coffee beans before brewing?

Originally published at: What happens when you deep fry coffee beans before brewing? | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Sound like it needs

10 Likes

Tl;DW: “That’s disgusting, just disgusting. Don’t deep fry your espresso beans.”

14 Likes

I improve my morning coffee beans by swallowing a cup of whole beans each afternoon and then waiting about 14 hours for the magic to happen

23 Likes

“That’s good. That’s weirdly good. I’m uncomfortable with this.”

Best part of the video right there.

12 Likes

As always, there’s an unhelpful summary from his evil twin:

11 Likes

I’ll never know.

11 Likes

There’s probably someone who would pay you for that. After all, apparently civet coffee is a thing that exists.

4 Likes

That’s the joke.gif

10 Likes

Adorably geeky. 11/10 would recommend

4 Likes

Not_How_It_Works

3 Likes

The way he expressed himself had me cracking up.

2 Likes

6 Likes

There’s a Vietnamese tradition of chucking butter in the mix as you roast the beans. Totally works. Makes it just that little bit oilier and richer.

6 Likes

TL:DW: Pourover at 8:00, (good…) espresso with no crema bc. oil at 11:50 or so (mettalic, oily, [goes on to describe the filth on a theatre floor] DO NOT, etc.)

3 Likes

Name checks out. I wonder if I can do that in an air fryer…

In a sense, the video doesn’t ask the most important question; is this something that could improve the taste of sub-par beans? Sure, he tries it with some (presumably) expensive Ethiopian beans, but not every coffee farmer has the land and conditions that let them produce such top notch coffee beans.
It behoves us all to be open minded about how we can improve upon the product of all those other coffee farmers. I am not saying that solution is deep frying, but at least let’s keep an open mind.

6 Likes

Are they toxic much if one just stews them and tries to make falaffel[sp]?] Falaffwl. Oh it’s just letting anything by now. Who ordered the carrot woketoast?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.