What if people danced instead of walked?

Casual passers-by might think to themselves “wait a minute, did I just see Kate Bush?”

8 Likes

Local legend…

8 Likes

Bob, you are awesomeness wrapped in beauty

5 Likes

He really is.

5 Likes

Another song I could remember scraps of piecemeal for years but couldn’t place, and now here it is. Thanks!

Well that was delightful. :smiley:

It’s Catgroove by Parov Stelar…

4 Likes

Came to say the same - very Caravan Palace

ETA @GulliverFoyle Thanks - something new to check out!

2 Likes

Yes, you can leave your friends behind.

ETA, this has been a delightful - my whole morning internetting time spent on this post and comments.

6 Likes

That was good too.

Though the original video gave this as the music credit. Or is that the sample origin?

1 Like

Sounds like. I guess electro-swing can be a bit generic. I still love it. :man_dancing:

1 Like

I certainly do that. Very subtle, though.

2 Likes

It is a subset of electronica I enjoy. There are so many great horn and sax lines that make great loops. I don’t dive too deep or far, but like Caravan Palace has a solid position in groups I like. Samples and good drum beats and some some well played vocals.

I blame Cantaloop for starting me down the trail - and to a degree the 90s swing revival. (Squirrel Nut Zippers, The Mask Soundtrack, etc)

Maybe another thing from the 90s with a similar vibe. (This is a great, one shot music video, but oddly I don’t see it on youtube now.)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.