What is the future of Twitter?

The difference is that your driving trollies is sincere and thus your mockery could not be “driving trollies” because of reasons.

2 Likes

I agree, although even without the Twitter factor the news media still gave him insurmountable amounts of attention. I think without Twitter the media still would’ve devoted so much time and attention to him, and this is I think because of his prior influence as a media/tv personality. Twitter didn’t create Donald Trump the politician;
his prior status as a media personality did. Twitter just, unfortunately, added to it. But I think the cult of personality was always there.

God I would love this. What a cleaner Internet this would be.

To be fair, the pre-social-media Internet allowed people to be jerks, but the phenomenon was more few-and-far-between. Social media opened up the floodgates, like AOL users flooding onto Usenet, that just destroyed the relative civility of the prior culture. Letting the masses onto the Internet via social media, giving them a microphone and voice, with no guidelines on how to civilly conduct yourself, was the main problem.

It depends on whether you flip it, or rotate it.

They should throw a Trump off Twitter for multiple breaches of its terms of service - then shut down as a service to humanity.

2 Likes

The same.
Apparently I hallucinated it though, because I went back and can’t find the post/email at all. At the time of writing it would have only been about 24 hours since I’m sure I read that she’d given up trying to cope with the broken mess, but actually she posted the exact opposite and said her sense of protectiveness over a medium that allowed her to sustain herself in the early post-label days means it’d have to get much worse before she quit. So, sorry about that!

Yeah turns out I hallucinated AFP quitting, or had some kind of Medical Event that made me entirely flip the message from when she posted about this a day ago.

1 Like

the future of twitter

Bought by Steve Bannon and reborn as Trumper

2 Likes

Then burn down the datacenter.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.