What is the purpose of this ridiculously narrow fence?

Dachshund show-jumping.

Duh.

6 Likes

It keeps the worlds stupidest dog from escaping the yard.

13 Likes

I did also!

1 Like

One meter from the road is public property, then it is private property from there to the right. The fence blocks the part of the public property over the rainwater gully, indicating you should walk on the high part of the public land.

That sounds so logical I fooled myself into totally believing it.

4 Likes

It’s to keep Slender Man at bay.

8 Likes

To defy to social norms about the acceptable width of fences.

8 Likes

I like to imagine some deep animosity between the neighbors. One keeps partially parking or driving on the others lawn, a dispute over who has to mow what, arguments arising from trimming a bush. All very petty unimportant things which lead to the creation of this masterpiece of engineering and cost effectiveness.

5 Likes

The fence is actually quite large, but that’s the only part of it that isn’t built at a right angle to reality

9 Likes

If you ever built up your settlements in Fallout 4, this makes perfectly good sense

1 Like

The home is subject to the rules of a homeowner association that has a rule requiring houses to have a fence in front. The owner of that property doesn’t want to have a fence in front blocking their view and so did the bare minimum needed to technically obey that requirement.

Given some of the strange rules in just the first hit of this Google search, I wouldn’t bet against it.

15 Likes

It’s a post generator. You start with an initial outlay of two fence posts, plant them too close to one another, and it generates an unbounded number of blog posts.

18 Likes

My guess is that its a “good neighbor” fence marking a property boundary.

1 Like

Does it pass the A4 test?

It is a cold day and it is a grower not a shower?

6 Likes

If run at it just right, you end up at a secret bench where you wait; and if you’re lucky, you get to hop in the back of the magic F150 to Hogwarts School Of Landscaping.

7 Likes

It is the natural progression of zoning laws in this country, as neighborhoods move further and further from using zoning and HOA for creating desirable places to live, to instead controlling every facet of their neighbors lives, making subdivisions more homogeneous, exclusive, and completely boring. This is, in fact, the only fence you are allowed to build which meets zoning and HOA regulations in most of suburban America.

3 Likes

It is all the remains of the original fence after it collapsed under the weight of thousands of love locks

8 Likes

Maybe it is a love lock fence i had custom built for my love life? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Containment unit for an object related to SCP-144?

SCP-144 - SCP Foundation

2 Likes

I thought it looked like the plasma-mitigation assembly on the tail of an intergalactic spaceship which hit the ground a little too fast.

3 Likes