What is the purpose of this ridiculously narrow fence?

Maybe the specs for the fence were in metric.

10 Likes

35 Likes

It’s clearly there to hang a gate scarecrow.

1 Like

Let’s let Ray Wylie Hubbard answer this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89VR_lZehw4

2 Likes

What happened on the pavement as the sidewalk bends? It looks like an assplosion of ED occurred and it was closed off as a biohazard!

Or, its just my inner 12 year old coming through.

3 Likes

It’s real-world clickbait.

Landscapers HATE this one weird fence whose real purpose will shock you. Knock for answers.

24 Likes

Oh my. Fence models have really gotten quite thin for these catalog shots and they’re still airbrushed.

15 Likes

What is the purpose of this ridiculously narrow fence?

It’s just a forum for some nice posts.

25 Likes

Legal requirement. Where they live people have right of passage across your lawn unless you have some form of fence indicating that it’s private property. Ya think?

9 Likes

It is part of the William J. Le Petomane Memorial Footpath - someone is gonna need ‘a shitload of dimes…’

3 Likes

Bad landscape design is allowing the soil/mulch from the bed to flow over the sidewalk when it rains.

I swear I read that as “Finland,” maybe because I spent so too much time in this thread the other day.

4 Likes

Now, now. There’s no need to be judgy.

6 Likes

My 12 year old rationalization of the events that led to that there image are far more colorful and interesting.

1 Like

We had a Stonehenge monument…on stage…that was endangered of being crushed…by a dwarf.

3 Likes

The set of possible explanations is vast, but I think we narrowed it down quite well.

9 Likes

State Barrier Fence of Western Australia - alpha version.

Underpants theft deterrent. The can only travel in a straight line.

7 Likes

This fence is neither thin nor narrow (for chain link). It is a SHORT fence.

16 Likes

It ensures the separation of the heavens from the earth.

3 Likes