In amusing side-by-side video, Trump boasts about border fence while people scale it for sport

Originally published at: In amusing side-by-side video, Trump boasts about border fence while people scale it for sport | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Allow me a simple explanation for his boasting. In his mind, no.45 is saying: ‘If I can’t climb it, nobody can climb it’. Or something in that vicinity.

19 Likes

You can {Southern Cal.} find pieces of that very well made yugely wonderful fence on Craigslist under the heading of materials for sale. I ain’t buying it, already paid for it once.

16 Likes

They really should retain parts of that wall as America’s very own monument to stupidity.

13 Likes

The list is large and growing, wouldn’t fit in the Grand Canyon, need a bigger space with easy access and zero oversight.

8 Likes

“You can fry an egg on that wall.”

Even when he manages to somehow not mangle or mix a metaphor, he still somehow arrives at something utterly nonsensical.

11 Likes

Having been a decent climber at one point, despite that it never occurred to me that the bars were too thin, that they were an OK width to be able to grip easily like that.

TBH, no width would make it resistant to this sort of scaling (just changes the technique, using tools to get the necessary grip, and requiring more forearm strength to put pressure). But bacon grease sure would! And there’s sort of precedent for it - the DC metro escalators feature metal circles to keep people from sliding down them, and a coating of grease to prevent people from running up them.

6 Likes

I still love the fact that people weren’t just climbing the wall, but were climbing the wall for fun.

12 Likes

The secret is to get your children and grandchildren to pay for it.

9 Likes

Yes it is a well trodden kkkpublican/GQP secret.

3 Likes

Even if you were not athletic enough to scale the wall in this fashion, the way it is constructed with those big gaps would make it easy to throw a rope over the top, pull it back through, and hoist a rope ladder or knotted section of rope for even easier climbing.

5 Likes

It’s kind of weird not thinking about Trump every day, isn’t it??

Right now I’m flashing on his periodic threat, “The wall just got ten feet higher.” How was that supposed to impress anyone?

7 Likes

Even Trump himself seemingly realized this… right in the middle of one of his speeches about how impregnable the wall would be.

14 Likes

So…Texas?

1 Like

The World’s most expensive egg cooker?

1 Like

They could put some of it around You Know Who’s mausoleum to help cut down on desecration.
Two birds, one stone.

No, Czar Abbott has already signed a bill to fund completion of the Wall, funded by the taxpayers of Texas [and set up a site to collect private contributions]. Don’t see how that passes Constitutional muster…
Not sure if the remaining wall would be enough to go around the rest of Texas.

3 Likes

The silliest part is that most of the Texas/Mexico border already comes with a giant moat that poses a far more formidable barrier than Trump’s easily scalable wall. I bet there aren’t many people who can swim across the Rio Grande as quickly effortlessly as those two dudes just hopped the wall.

6 Likes

Designing a security measure that you, yourself, can’t defeat is easy. However most of us realize that other people aren’t ourselves.

Edit: Correcting my grammar! Oops.

4 Likes

Put it right next to a piece of the Berlin War on the National Mall.

3 Likes

I wonder if a bottle jack could open up the gaps between the bars?