Wall goes up around White House

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/03/wall-goes-up-around-white-house.html

9 Likes

Looks like Trump finally got his wall…

21 Likes

What does that even mean to accomplish? Even if it was “better” there are things like ladders. Is that to instill fear in the Trump followers left that the “libs” will come to hunt the republicans?

12 Likes

For a study in contrasts: Abraham Lincoln didn’t erect any extra barriers around the White House even when there was an actual enemy army within walking distance of Washington D.C.

white-house

52 Likes

How tall is that thing? It looks like it’s like 10 feet. You could just jump up and grab the edge (with your shirt as a cushion against what looks like a semi-sharp lip)

5 Likes

So, is that a challenge? I’d like to think I could climb that

9 Likes

“Security Theater”! Needs a giant eyeroll.

12 Likes

It’s a solid wall, not meant to be un-scalable, but to block the view of someone on the inside.
So they won’t have to see very unfair, nasty demonstrators.

9 Likes

Is that as nonscalable as his border wall is? Because if so, I got some news for him…

15 Likes

It’ll be fine.

5 Likes

I love the freaking colonial molding on it. That is just so … classy?

Lmao

12 Likes

Or the old Alley-Oop. This wall is vulnerable to crowds of greater than 1 person.

7 Likes

Still trying to carry the theme Kellyanne Conway set on Inauguration Day.

9 Likes

If the demonstrators show up, Donnie will already be cowering in his bunker.

8 Likes

That outfit was designed by felon and batman-villain-impersonator, Roger Stone. Maybe they should get him to work on building a WH wall

8 Likes

21 Likes

A huge government contract, 7-10 days of billable labor hours, huge markups on materials cost, and kickbacks to both Trumpy’s family and whoever scored that contract. Cha-Ching!

24 Likes

Looks like an invitation for some public art, frames already provided.

And from the last picture I think there might be a weakness.

11 Likes

I haven’t kept up with all the comic book movies. Which Batman villain is that?

3 Likes

Sinistar buttons? That would actually be cool, but they’re probably something mundane.

5 Likes