Wall goes up around White House

All the projection activists need to converge on that thing and display “Loser” around the perimeter.

7 Likes

Killer Covidia?

2 Likes

Here you go :slight_smile:

And @teknocholer, add to that any reasonably talented cheering squad would be over that wall in no time, in style!

12 Likes

Plywood? LOL. I swear this is Idiocracy.

5 Likes

I hate that I feel this way, but I suspect the wall’s manual includes a purpose statement: “The purpose of this wall is to provide corrupt politicians with a secure* barrier following the announcement of stolen election results.”

“*Idiocracy-brand Wallz are provided by the Wallz Co. solely for your comfort and appreciation. Idiocracy Wallz are never guaranteed. Buyer beware.”

7 Likes

What’s the schedule for adding the top to the cage?

4 Likes

FTFYa

3 Likes

On the Outward Bound course I took years ago, we (about ten of us) had to get the whole group over a featureless wall, no ropes or other aids allowed. Something like this, but I remember it as taller. :grin:

We weren’t in any way reasonably talented but by forming pyramids and climbing over each other, we all made it.

7 Likes

Yeah, I can only assume Trump hiding out during the protests is the only reason he keeps accusing Biden of “hiding in his basement.” I mean, it makes no sense other than the usual Repub projection.

6 Likes

How tall is that wall? In addition to the other ways to get over it others have suggested:

• American Ninja Warrior contestants have to scale a fourteen and a half foot tall wall (with a bit of an overhang) in competition and they do it regularly.
  • The record for a men’s pole vault has been at more than 13 feet since it started being recorded in 1912, it is now over twenty feet.
  • Parkour enthusiasts would probably find that a little bit of a workout.
  • People on stilts might be able to get high enough to grab the rim of the wall if it’s not that tall, as might professional or semi-professional basketball players.
5 Likes

Yeah. And we paid for it.

3 Likes

Jersey barrier is about 3’ high, so looks like the whole thing is about 7’ tall.

I wouldn’t even bother climbing it, I’ve got a battery-operated reciprocating saw. Alternately, a little used motor oil and a match would be sufficient to defeat it.

Sooo stupid.

6 Likes

Maybe by “non-scalable” they mean it can’t be scaled up to the entire US-Mexico border.

I think that kind of contract ambiguity would be easy to slip by mr. “Art of the Deal” trump.

10 Likes

Just what is ol’ Trumpy-boy expecting? Has this sort of thing ever happened before? It just goes to show just how insecure that great orange twisted, narcissistic, demented psychopath actually is. Can you ever, in your wildest dreams, see the likes of classy Obama coming up with such a damn-fool scheme. Trump knows he’s in trouble - even more so when he’s out of office, with the stack of accusations and law suits floating around. I hope he fails in the biggest possible way.

5 Likes

I haven’t the words for this obscenity.

1 Like

Who needs to climb?

5 Likes

Groverhaus? That’s a name I’ve not heard in a long time

1 Like

American Ninja tryouts ( 9 PM, Nov 3, Washington D.C. )

2 Likes

There are actually quite a few different walls around the WH right now, but the one in the picture isn’t the one being described. The one in the picture accompanying the post is a temporary wall that they’re using while they replace the fence along the south side of the White House with a 13-foot fence. (They did this on the north side starting late last year/earlier this year.) This is–surprisingly–an Obama-era project that the Secret Service recommended after a couple people had made it onto the WH grounds over the previous, 6-foot fence.

The “nonscalable” fencing may also be around the south side, but it’s definitely up around the entirety of Lafayette Square. I didn’t get a picture of it when I was down there earlier today, but imagine chain-link fencing, only heavier duty and with much smaller mesh. Similar barriers went up during the earlier protests, and stretches of them remained up, though for large portions of the late summer and into last month they opened up the main entrances to Lafayette Square, both on the north side (H Street) and at either end of the pedestrian stretch of Pennsylvania Ave. All of that is closed off now. There are also police roadblocks at Eye Street, which is a block north of Lafayette. As of this afternoon, pedestrian traffic could still get into the area immediately north of Lafayette (along H street and between H and Eye), but I wouldn’t be shocked if they start pushing people out of that area tonight if things start getting rowdy.

Meanwhile, the first floor of EVERYTHING (including my apartment building) is boarded up. Even during the height of the protests this summer, it was mostly just the area immediately around the WH that got the board treatment… It is frankly pretty eerie to walk around DC today.

11 Likes

Tough Mudder is not impressed.