Trump's wall was sawed through 3,272 times in the last 3 years with cheap tools

Originally published at: Trump's wall was sawed through 3,272 times in the last 3 years with cheap tools | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Another legacy of the standard quality of Drumphs administration…

22 Likes

Built by the lowest bidder - much like everything else he’s every done

24 Likes

I could be wrong, but it looks like this wall was designed as a way to keep Mr. Trump’s supporters out of touch with reality.

40 Likes

Grifters grifting grifters…

23 Likes

Kidding No Shit GIF by Better Call Saul

12 Likes

or built by contractors who also may be related, friends of friends or occasional golfing buddies. or, like in this case, a guy he heard about on fox news.

14 Likes

I’d like to see a competition for the minimum tool necessary to cut through the wall in a reasonable time, say two hours.

Would it be a hacksaw? A stone axe? Nail clippers?

18 Likes

Let’s never forget that Trump didn’t care about drug smugglers - his primary goal was to keep illegal immigrants out. The vast majority of them cross legally but overstay their visa.

15 Likes

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

FTFY

30 Likes

The go-to metal cutting tool down here is angle grinder. Small, portable, and you can plug a corded one into a portable generator. If someone is willing to pay for a battery-powered one, then that just makes it easier.

19 Likes

I’d like to see the whole thing torn down and sold to scrappers. It’s the only good that it could ever bring anyone, might as well get something of value out of it. That any of it is still standing is literally leaving money lying around in the desert, free for anyone to pick it up, put it in a truck, and sell it for the steel scrap value.

9 Likes

Yup, that’s about the size of it. What a waste of materials that could have been used for something other than a racist bigot’s vanity project.

15 Likes

Wall construction has continued under Biden, hopefully the article can be updated to indicate that this is a bipartisan project.

Pretty much only people who think the executive branch acts as a monarch rather than in concert with other, coequal branches of government believe that.

22 Likes

Almost 3x/day, every day, for 3 years.

9 Likes

Can you point us to anyone in the Democratic party [other than Machin/Tulsi G/Sinema] still supports this debacle?

17 Likes

If Biden truly is continuing the wall’s construction, why are Republicans suing the Biden Administration over not completing the wall?

eta: added the word “not” :grimacing:

18 Likes

I agree, but I also think there’s value to the enduring legacy of a rusting length of pitted scrap that’s blown over, been cut through, and torn in pieces. “Trump’s wall”. The risk in removing it is erasing history of what a failure it was, and allowing people to pretend it was this wonderful, huge, menacing thing that evil Democrats tore down as soon as we could.

It’s garbage built by garbage. Let it remain as garbage.

14 Likes

9 Likes