What is this strange metal artifact that washed up in North Carolina?

It’s what’s left of the inside structure of the Statue of Liberty.

But, what if it is radioactive? Some decades ago, a bunch of scavengers found an strange object in a derelict building in Goiania, Brazil. It was a capsule full of cesium 137. They opened it and scattered radioactive dust for several blocks. Some people, children who played the bright powder too, ended up dying poisoned.

2 Likes

Cesium 137 would be sub-optimal. Tell you what, you fly to N.C., I’ll borrow the Geiger counter from work and send it down to you. If everything checks out, we’ll ask @Medievalist to move forward with the oxygen lance.

Personally, I think it’s bigger on the inside.

9 Likes

What could go wrong?

3 Likes

The ghosts of Monitor and Merrimac fight beneath the full moon at high tide, they say.

I’m pretty sure they can’t wash ashore, because they are ghost ships beneath the full moon at high tide.

2 Likes

If that washed up in the Bay Area it would be a cozy beach front condo by now.

8 Likes

… asking price $ 5.3 million.

But I still say it’s a pod.

4 Likes

No way that could go wrong…

@Garymon, you beat me to it :smiley:

3 Likes

At first glance of that photo I wondered why someone had added plastic looking rendered fire. Then I realized that is a mini. I did not know they sold such a thing.

1 Like

It is like Rule 34; there is a collectable of everything. :wink:

1 Like

Good point. I have the heart of a collector but am trying to live with less stuff. So I just don’t think about such things existing. I do like the the precious things… must not google.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.