What it takes to become qualified as a Shaolin Master

cracked ribs and weird foot problems are not impossible

3 Likes

Put this young man in a house with three toddlers in diapers while its raining outside, for the day. Can he pass this test??

8 Likes

Quite a lot of competitive athletics have their roots in ritualized combat, back through medieval tournaments to the Olympic Games of ancient Hellenic Greece and further still Kabaddi during the Vedic Age of the Indian subcontinent. Almost every culture has used ritualized competitive sport as a mechanism to relieve intercultural and intramural tension as well as train peacetime warriors for when diplomacy failed badly.

2 Likes

I am currently raising two daughters. Cracked ribs and foot problems are par-for-the-course.

CSB
One of them (both deny) left a friggin playmobile unicorn on the stairs this past weekend. All it took was a three step fall to bruise a rib, mess up my right foot, and do something to my hip which I’m just going to hope goes away since the clinic is right near the mall and I’m not going anywhere near there until at least mid-next-week.
/CSB

10 Likes

I’m sure that Shaolin Kung Fu is mainly about self discipline and physical fitness, rather than combat; but I think that this guy might be on to something.

@asm and @j9c I’m looking forward to the video in which some one debunks the debunker. Maybe a job for Frank Dux? :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s nothing compared to the written test you’ve got to take.

4 Likes

Do I have to be the paper or the ink?

4 Likes

That’s actually the first question, how did you know?

5 Likes

I am one with the test and the test is with me.

6 Likes

Be the test you want to see in the world.

That way you know all the answers.

4 Likes

Why do you think he became a monk in the first place?

4 Likes

Oh dear! Ouch.
Wishing you a speedy, smooth recovery.

I was looking at the clearly uneven brick floor that the monks were practicing on. It was so wavy and pitted from the many years of use.

After reading your comment, I wanted to strew handfuls of Lego and Playmobile stuff on that floor, and ask them all to practice more, again! I have walked on Lego on a hard floor, in the dark, in bare feet. It’s… bad.

If you search “Lego walk of fire” you get a whole genre of scenarios that are probably really similar to your accident on the stairs:

Small plastic childrens’ toys have a special horror for some parents, I suppose I should look on the bright side that mine never did something this regrettable:

3 Likes

Heh, I remember in 1st grade some little stuck a marble in his ear.

Yep, that’s an ER trip.

3 Likes

Funnily enough, one of my employees asked some JSOC hitters what style they use. Dudes did not comprehend. Krav Maga? BJJ? Oooh, replied one of them “no, I just use a judicious application of nine millimeter parabellum to the center mass and face.” I absolutely burst into laughter as the guys walked off to their next appointment at the total befuddlement of the kid who asked the question and had to work out the meaning of the answer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.