What it's like to see 100 times the colors you see

Double rainbow guy shared effectively. Maybe he was a tretrachromatic with better descriptive powers, and a higher qualia quotient.

1 Like

It might be pointless now, but itā€™ll be important if you want to upgrade parts of your sensory system in the future.

1 Like

I donā€™t know how Iā€™d describe the ability to see a fourth color, lacking the experience. I donā€™t even care about the specific form. But if it can be outside of the visible range, if possible down to the infrared, I want it.

Never heard about him. Link, if possible straight to his descriptions?

Higher mushroom quotient, fo sho.

1 Like

Nah, Iā€™ll let someone else have the pleasure of linking that. :slight_smile:

Paul ā€œBearā€ Vasquez, 2010: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

That guy was getting a serious rainbowgasm.

whose time?

Right. I canā€™t be sure that my perception of the same stimuli is comparable to his. And I friggin love double rainbows.

I donā€™t know what he was high on but I want some too.

Excuse me, did you read the first line of this post? Or the first paragraph of the article? If somebody is making things up, it isnā€™t me.

1 Like

shaddack
Show me a high-stake situation where the ability of color-coordination of >a flowerpot or a wardrobe is actually important.

In practice, we would have evolved such a thing so as to spot predators faster or find food better, not for flowerpots. First however it would have to be possible and worth the associated biological costs. This article notwithstanding we donā€™t even know if itā€™s possible.

2 Likes

Short answers:

1. Maybe
  2. No

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.