What suit would George Washington wear if he were in office now?

Originally published at: What suit would George Washington wear if he were in office now? | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I like this one better.

The one from the article makes him too old (he was 57 when first elected president.), as the article says about this artist, “Her primary objection to Mr. Hardy’s image was that Washington was only 67 when he died, but in the Reddit portrait ‘he looks super old.’”

7 Likes

Okay, but what cyborg body would he wear in the 31st century?

nixon

10 Likes

12 Likes

Well, we know he wouldn’t wear a tan suit. That’s for sure.

11 Likes

If George was about nowadays, there’d be a lot “pistols at dawn” insta moments happening. Me thinks.

3 Likes

I would hope that he would choose to cosplay as Tywin Lannister.

13 Likes

Personally, I’d go with a Veritech Fighter.

5 Likes

Prada my bee-hind. George would almost definitely be wearing Martin Greenfield, who dressed Eisenhower as president and is still kicking around at 92.

7 Likes

"“He was quite fancy,” she said. “I don’t think he would look as slick as Mitt Romney…”

4 Likes

It’s like Brent Spiner and James Cromwell had a baby

1 Like

For those who can’t get past the NYT paywall:

5 Likes

“as slick as Mitt Romney”
what are we doing

2 Likes

I think the coat he’d wear would defiantly have tails

1 Like

Now I want to see a modernized version of Washington Crossing the Delaware.

2 Likes

That image bears a strong resemblance to my grandfather, on my father’s side. As I am now old enough to run for President, I am thinking of faking a heritage to ye olde George…

1 Like

I’d vote for the only suit that matters. Denzel’s Roman J. Israel suit.

2 Likes

Whatever went with his car?

giphy

9 Likes

Not sure what George Washington has to do with Charles Dance, but OK.

1 Like

Hey, I wasn’t about to vote for Mittens over Obama or anything but damned if I can fault the man’s hair. Especially considering weird-ass mop adorning the guy who got the nomination the next time around.

44429077-romney_mitt_090611_getty.530x298

1 Like